Positives from today's game

I took my son to see his very first Husker game, and what a dreadful ending. We had several non-calls or calls go against us, as well as way too many penalties, but the game was intense and he was happy to see such a fun game (despite the ending). With that said, I did see a few key positives from today.

1. Tommy looked great overall. I was never a big fan of his and was hoping someone else would take the job this season, but I have to say that, when he wasn't being pressured (like non-stop in the 2nd quarter), his form, technique, and decision making were night and day compared to last year. I would like to see him still use his feet more to keep the defense honest.

2. Halftime adjustments-One of the biggest complaints against the Pelini era is that the coaches were horrible at making halftime adjustments. I don't know what this staff did, but this team looked like they were going to get blown out heading into halftime, and they turned it around on both sides of the ball.

I think our running game is definitely an area of concern, and given all the focus on AA last year, we did not build a bench of experience back to return this season. We must get the running game going to have a chance.

My biggest disappointment today was Drew Brown. He needs to sit next week. Both of those field goals were completely makeable, and with them we would have won the game. NU has always had kickers they can count on, but I don't think we can say that anymore.

I took my son to see his very first Husker game, and what a dreadful ending. We had several non-calls or calls go against us, as well as way too many penalties, but the game was intense and he was happy to see such a fun game (despite the ending). With that said, I did see a few key positives from today.

1. Tommy looked great overall. I was never a big fan of his and was hoping someone else would take the job this season, but I have to say that, when he wasn't being pressured (like non-stop in the 2nd quarter), his form, technique, and decision making were night and day compared to last year. I would like to see him still use his feet more to keep the defense honest.

2. Halftime adjustments-One of the biggest complaints against the Pelini era is that the coaches were horrible at making halftime adjustments. I don't know what this staff did, but this team looked like they were going to get blown out heading into halftime, and they turned it around on both sides of the ball.

I think our running game is definitely an area of concern, and given all the focus on AA last year, we did not build a bench of experience back to return this season. We must get the running game going to have a chance.

My biggest disappointment today was Drew Brown. He needs to sit next week. Both of those field goals were completely makeable, and with them we would have won the game. NU has always had kickers they can count on, but I don't think we can say that anymore.

Yep need to run the ball better, I thought the pass was working really well but i still thought running a little more in the second woulda helped, Drew Brown is our best kicker so he wont get benched just yet. If he misses a 24 yard field goal in a no pressure situation than I would start looking at other kickers to find.