Football Study Hall Post-Non Con Projected Wins for Nebraska

Saunders

I bought the pre-season hype. Best DL in the B1G, solid secondary and perhaps the biggest was that with better talent and facilities the staff would shine. "Look what they did at Corvallis" with less......

I thought this experienced staff would equate to 1-2 more wins per season. I looked at Bo's record and thought that would honestly translate to a 10 win season.... I figured "better" athletes, facilities, weak schedule etc..... I predicated this on Bo's record. Not Riley's..... Time will tell is he is the right man for the job. He deserves some time to get things right and fix what's wrong (not sold on Banker and Stewart). My point being, maybe Riley is truly a .500 coach. With NU's talent maybe the ceiling is 8 wins, maybe 9. No blow out losses and possibly upset a team that we shouldn't beat. He might be the right guy to change the mentality of the team, reunite the fans and media. Get the alumni connected again and be a positive face for the program, but might not be the guy to get us the conference championship.

Unless the pass D gets fixed in a hurry, we might have some issues. As Sipple pointed out 4 of our 8 conference games have QB's who rank in the top 40 of pass efficiency. We are DEAD LAST in pass D. That is a humbling statistic. We are currently the worst in FBS at defending the pass. I think the DL needs to step up and am anxious to see what happens when Gangwish returns and Freedom has been doing so well. (does McMullen move inside?)

I am not terribly optimistic 4 games in that we will win the West. I'm thinking more along the lines of 8-4 (hoping), but wouldn't be surprised being 6-6.

• Fire 3

Added ESPN's "FPI" predictions.

I have no idea how they figure this stupid FPI, but right now Michigan's FPI has them winning every game but OSU. So take that for what it's worth

After watching them, I think it's possible. Sparty's D is built to stop their offense, and Rudock is not a good QB, but that will be a defensive slugfest game.

Not saying it wont or cant happen just saying I don't understand their statistical criteria they use. What analysis are they looking at that tells them that Illinois game is basically a toss up game? Have you watched Illinois play? I get Nebraska pass defense sucks, everyone on this board tells me this. I have also watched them play. The needed a last second FG to beat Middle Tennessee State. They got curb stomped by an average N. Carolina team. I watch that whole game they looked terrible.

What statistics are they looking that tells them this is a toss up game?

Using the past to predict the future is pretty much a lesson in futility.

The Nebraska team that took the field last week doesn't exist any more. It is different, just by virtue of time and circumstances. Some players healed, some got hurt, players have more coaching, coaches have more game film things for changing things for better or worse, etc., etc.

It is fun to speculate just for the sake of speculation, but as the hedge funds say, " Past Results Do Not Guarantee Future Performance."

Using the past to predict the future is pretty much a lesson in futility.

The Nebraska team that took the field last week doesn't exist any more. It is different, just by virtue of time and circumstances. Some players healed, some got hurt, players have more coaching, coaches have more game film things for changing things for better or worse, etc., etc.

It is fun to speculate just for the sake of speculation, but as the hedge funds say, " Past Results Do Not Guarantee Future Performance."

rs6zm.jpg

Couldn't resist. :D