Sam's bad attitude strikes again.

Hayseed

Sam's bad attitude? He's 100% right. The run game was working pretty well, but the coaching staff decided to keep throwing it... and throwing it...and throwing it. They lined up in the shotgun for most of the first 3 quarters. The one time they SHOULD use a shotgun formation, they lineup in the I-Formation on 4th and long at the end of the game.

What were they thinking? Nebraska, sadly, has quickly turned into the joke of college football.

Yeah, but you still would've ran off a few seconds.

A pass runs off a few seconds. Same as a run. A pass probably runs off more time, especially if they move the pocket as they tried to do.

This loss is just maddening. The last two play calls put a porous pass defense in a position to lose the game, and that's exactly what they did.

this is an excellent point. As decent as the defense was all day, the offense did no favors by constantly putting them in a positionto give it up. You knew it was coming.

• Fire 1

Yeah, but you still would've ran off a few seconds.

A pass runs off a few seconds. Same as a run. A pass probably runs off more time, especially if they move the pocket as they tried to do.

At issue here is whether or not it was actually a pass play, or a bootleg run. Either way, a hand off would have been better, but I understand they were trying to go for a play to spring a conversion on 3rd & 7. Regardless they could have done better at making sure Tommy knew not to do something like that.

Right, I was addressing the question of why "any coach in his right mind would pass on 4th and 7."

I think there was some sort of miscommunication on the third down play. Of course you run the ball there and try to convert the first down, or at least get close enough to try again on fourth down. I'm sure we'll find out what happened in Monday's press conference.

• Fire 1

I wasn't bummed about the decision to go for it on 4th down. The FG would have been long, and against the wind. Yes, Foltz could have punted and pinned them inside the 10, but that's not guaranteed.

The play call was another dumb play call though. Another bootleg pass to Jano, where he would have had to go at least 5 yards on his own? Jano is good, but that's a lot to ask for from a fullback.

If he's gonna go for it, might as well tried a normal pass play, even though TA was struggling making throws.

I would've punted just to run clock;....the same thing they claimed to want to do on 3rd down. Pinning them on the 10 would've been a bonus. I just couldn't understand why any coach in his right mind would pass on 4th and 7?

I bet it was an exciting finish in China.

Doesn't the clock stop on a change of posession even if it would have been a run?

I would've made sure the punt bounced somewhere. And pinning them farther back is a much better option. It was almost like the game was scripted this way.

Sam's bad attitude? He's 100% right. The run game was working pretty well, but the coaching staff decided to keep throwing it... and throwing it...and throwing it. They lined up in the shotgun for most of the first 3 quarters. The one time they SHOULD use a shotgun formation, they lineup in the I-Formation on 4th and long at the end of the game.

What were they thinking? Nebraska, sadly, has quickly turned into the joke of college football.

It's a joke...we've been blaming Sam for everything the last few games.

My bad.

I need to read sarcasm better through the internet. :wasted

My bad.

I need to read sarcasm better through the internet. :wasted

No, I shouldn't be lazy and I should learn to use emoticons.