Press Conference - October 5

Mavric

From Tommy"(If) we make a field goal with 40-50 seconds on the clock,"

This doesnt make much sense because if he gets tackled we get to burn 40 seconds off the clock.

How about we stop talking about the 3rd down play. It didnt cost us the game. We had 4 quarters to score more then 13 points against a bad illinois team. We had 50 seconds to keep a team from going 70 yards. We all get it the third down call was bad. I wasnt going to be any happier with a win. A win is a win except when you win only off having more talent then the other team. Terrible play calling. Spent 4 games finding our #1 back and they chose newby. But newby wasnt even on the field on the 3rd down and cross didnt even see the field. We are using jano out of the pistol now. He led with 11 carries??? 11 carries????

Haha. This. It pretty much sums these coaches up to a T.

I know this is not it but sometimes I feel like they read the paper and think "Well, this is what the fans want, so here we go, more FB, here is your FB, stop the running game with everyone playing the run, no problem, more walk ons, okay!"

Again, I know it is not the case, it just cracked me up.

I think they probably feel it from more than just the papers, too. I was at a coffee shop in Lincoln once when I heard someone say "Hey Bo!", proceeding to then walk up to Pelini, who was a couple people behind me, and introduce themselves. They talked briefly but then said fan proceeded to talk to Bo about how he thought the program needed a bigger walk-on influence and we should consider running more power football. Bo was polite, took his coffee, said farewell to the fan and left.

I'm not saying that has any influence either, but, I think they get hounded by certain aspects of this program from all sorts of angles.

I actually applauded the coaches for trying something different. I don't think it worked overly well but Jano still has proven to be a legitimate running threat for the Huskers. Of course, it just would've been nice if they had stuck with the ground game in some other aspects. I still maintain that had we run the ball just 3-5 more times against Illinois, just 3 or 5 more times, we would've won and maybe kept more drives alive.

Hell, we almost know for certain running the ball just one time, like we were supposed to on 3rd down, probably would've sealed it.