Hawaii Fans' Memories of Nebraska Fans

As a fan of Hawaii women's volleyball, I contribute to a local blog and came across some neat stories and kind words involving the Nebraska women's volleyball fans here (ignore the jokes and odd comments please):

http://hawaiiwarriorworld.com/uncategorized/tuesday-checkin-6/#comment-2620575

Specifically, refer to posts 22, 23, 24, 30, 31

Should any Husker fans wish to contribute a personal memory involving Hawaii/Nebraska on that blog, I am sure our fans would really appreciate it. We are the two most dedicated and knowledgeable women's volleyball fans in the country. Go Huskers! Go Wahine!

• Fire 3

The only match I remember against Hawaii was in 2007 when the Wahine came to Lincoln to play at the Devaney Center - which was still used for Basketball back then. The Huskers swept the match, and were ranked #1, and I think Hawaii may not have been ranked. Not sure about that. I looked it up - Hawaii was ranked 11th in that match.

I looked up the last 25 years, and it appears the Huskers & Wahine have played eight times - six matches that counted and two Spring Exhibition matches.

Year Result W/L Location Tournament
1990 - W - ( 3 - 0 ) - Honolulu - Wahini Invitational
1996 - L - ( 1 - 3 ) - Normal, ILL - NACWAA Classic
2000 - W - ( 3 - 1 ) - Richmond, VA - NCAA Final Four Semifinal
2001 - W - ( 3 - 0 ) - Stockton, CA - NACWAA Classic
2005 - W - ( 3 - 2 ) - Honolulu - Spring Exhibition Match
2005 - W - ( 3 - 0 ) - Omaha, NE - NACWAA Classic
2007 - W - ( 3 - 0 ) - Lincoln, NE - Regular season match
2012 - W - ( 4 - 0 ) - Honolulu - Spring Exhibition Match

So it looks like we've played in Hawaii a LOT, which makes sense because it's much more of a destination location than Lincoln, NE. Although, now that the Devaney Center is dedicated solely to volleyball, and is perhaps the nicest volleyball venue in the world, it would seem like time to extend an invitation to Hawaii again.

• Fire 1

is it wrong that i am currently in love with kalei greeley??

hopfully will make the game sunday

whoops guess the game was yesterday.. besides Kalei wasn't even playing too so need go.. guess i already got my days confused

Edited by irieboy8