Petition

You take 5 starters off of any team, let it lone them being the best QB, the best running back, the best all purpose guy, two starting defensive players, see what happens to any team.

No excuses, we lost, and Riley will feel the heat for it, but this crap needs to stop. Support your team, yea there are some not playing to the level you want or I want, but I think that all goes back to recruiting. I think some of the kids that get recruited are lower due to heart, not just athletic ability. I have always wondered about it, don't really know. Motor is a big statement about some kids, yet never mentioned about others.

Very hard day for all involved. Wish we would run a little bit more, but thought Fyfe made some great passes. Hit receivers in stride. He looks more like a QB than Tommy.

Key Ohio State injuries in 2014 when they wont the national championship. Braxton Miller (Starting QB- Season) , Jeff Heuermann (starting Tight End-1 game), Joel Hale (starting Guard- 11 games), Dante Booker (Backup OLB- 4 Games), Cam Burrows (Starting Safety- 1 Game), Rashad Frazier (Backup- 2 Games), Ron Tanner (Backup Safety-3 Games), Dontre Wilson (H-Back- 5 Games), JT Barret (Starting QB- 3 Games), Armani Reeves (Starting NB-8 Games)

Notre Dame injuries this year as of September 23rd. They have more now.- starting QB, starting RB, starting DT, starting NB, Starting TE, Backup S. They are a top 10 team.

Another Article as of October 2nd, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2574809-how-top-college-football-teams-have-dealt-with-major-injuries-in-2015. Injuries isnt the only reason we have a terrible record

This is not Nebraska football.
Mark as unread
LO
(my name)@huskers.unl.edu
Sun 11/1/2015 6:47 PM
Sent Items
Sir I appreciate your response to my concerns. As an alum it means a great deal to me. Please take note of other fans. The environment is turning toxic around the program I love.
Scott Frost is the guy to heal the wounds. This is all the input I have on the matter as I respectfully acknowledge you are a busy man.
Thank you
Mark as unread
HD
Hal Daub <hdaub@nebraska.edu>
Sun 11/1/2015 6:02 PM
Thanks for your considered expression of concerns and we appreciate your commitment. Hal
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
Sent: Sunday, November 1, 2015 5:56 PM
To: seichorst2@unl.edu; Harvey S Perlman; hhawks@nebraksa.edu; Tim Clare; Jim Pillen; Bob Whitehouse; Robert Schafer; Kent Schroeder; Hal Daub
Subject: This is not Nebraska football.
Mark as unread
HP
Harvey Perlman <hperlman1@unl.edu>
Sun 11/1/2015 5:59 PM
I understand. You wouldn’t write unless you cared. But hope you will consider this:
You don’t want to give Riley a few years to recruit? Well, consider how this will look when we recruit a replacement. Anyone want to be football coach where you will have half a season to prove yourself and you will have to play with the players the former coaches left. And, oh by the way, it might be hard to recruit any new players because Nebraska doesn’t give you a chance if you are not immediately successful so players can’t count on you being around if they come here. And don’t try to use excuse of injuries to your top players or that the former coaches didn’t recruit very well. Won’t work. Can’t wait to see who we would hire under those circumstances. In such circumstances I hope we would get lucky but I’m skeptical.
Harvey Perlman
MO
Microsoft Outlook
Sun 11/1/2015 5:55 PM
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: hhawks@nebraksa.edu (hhawks@nebraksa.edu) The domain name in the email address is incorrect. Check the email address. Diagnostic information for administrators: Generating server: BN3PR0101MB1076.prod.exchangelabs.com
ReplyReply allForward
Mark as unread
LO
(myname)@huskers.unl.edu
Sent Items
Show all 9 recipients
To:
seichorst2@unl.edu;
hperlman1@unl.edu;
hhawks@nebraksa.edu;
tclare@nebraska.edu;
jpillen@nebraska.edu;
bwhitehouse@nebraska.edu;
rschafer@nebraska.edu;
Greetings. My wife and I are proud alumni. My entire family pride themselves with lifetime support and association with Nebraska, specifically football.
This team has always represented the state and fans on a level that is unprecedented in sports. I am more than concerned presently at the coaching staff that has been selected to lead our student athletes. They do not, and honestly will not meet the expectations of Nebraska.
I have a fairly engaged pulse with the heartbeat of the fan base. They are becoming apathetic. Many are vowing to not renew their tickets, provide donations, buy gear, or watch the games unless a change is made. This is troubling and can not be allowed to continue.
A mistake was made in this hire. The principals of sunk cost apply. Regardless of what money has been committed retaining this staff will result in revenue loss well beyond that expense if the fans lose support.
I am more than sure if it is purely a revenue concern the fans and alumni will collectively support a new coaching staff fundraiser to meet the needs.
Making a bad hire is a mistake any school can make. Nebraska football may never recover if immediate steps are not taken to rectify this error.
Thank you for your time.
Go Big Red
(Read from the bottom. I will try this way since there seems to be doubts it actually came from Harvey.)

Did you forward Harvey's response back to the Board members? There have been issues between them and HP over his withholding of information before...

This is not Nebraska football.
Mark as unread
LO
(my name)@huskers.unl.edu
Sun 11/1/2015 6:47 PM
Sent Items
Sir I appreciate your response to my concerns. As an alum it means a great deal to me. Please take note of other fans. The environment is turning toxic around the program I love.
Scott Frost is the guy to heal the wounds. This is all the input I have on the matter as I respectfully acknowledge you are a busy man.
Thank you
Mark as unread
HD
Hal Daub <hdaub@nebraska.edu>
Sun 11/1/2015 6:02 PM
Thanks for your considered expression of concerns and we appreciate your commitment. Hal
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
Sent: Sunday, November 1, 2015 5:56 PM
To: seichorst2@unl.edu; Harvey S Perlman; hhawks@nebraksa.edu; Tim Clare; Jim Pillen; Bob Whitehouse; Robert Schafer; Kent Schroeder; Hal Daub
Subject: This is not Nebraska football.
Mark as unread
HP
Harvey Perlman <hperlman1@unl.edu>
Sun 11/1/2015 5:59 PM
I understand. You wouldn’t write unless you cared. But hope you will consider this:
You don’t want to give Riley a few years to recruit? Well, consider how this will look when we recruit a replacement. Anyone want to be football coach where you will have half a season to prove yourself and you will have to play with the players the former coaches left. And, oh by the way, it might be hard to recruit any new players because Nebraska doesn’t give you a chance if you are not immediately successful so players can’t count on you being around if they come here. And don’t try to use excuse of injuries to your top players or that the former coaches didn’t recruit very well. Won’t work. Can’t wait to see who we would hire under those circumstances. In such circumstances I hope we would get lucky but I’m skeptical.
Harvey Perlman
MO
Microsoft Outlook
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: hhawks@nebraksa.edu (hhawks@nebraksa.edu) The domain name in the email address is incorrect. Check the email address. Diagnostic information for administrators: Generating server: BN3PR0101MB1076.prod.exchangelabs.com
ReplyReply allForward
Mark as unread
LO
(myname)@huskers.unl.edu
Sent Items
Show all 9 recipients
To:
seichorst2@unl.edu;
hperlman1@unl.edu;
hhawks@nebraksa.edu;
tclare@nebraska.edu;
jpillen@nebraska.edu;
bwhitehouse@nebraska.edu;
rschafer@nebraska.edu;
Greetings. My wife and I are proud alumni. My entire family pride themselves with lifetime support and association with Nebraska, specifically football.
This team has always represented the state and fans on a level that is unprecedented in sports. I am more than concerned presently at the coaching staff that has been selected to lead our student athletes. They do not, and honestly will not meet the expectations of Nebraska.
I have a fairly engaged pulse with the heartbeat of the fan base. They are becoming apathetic. Many are vowing to not renew their tickets, provide donations, buy gear, or watch the games unless a change is made. This is troubling and can not be allowed to continue.
A mistake was made in this hire. The principals of sunk cost apply. Regardless of what money has been committed retaining this staff will result in revenue loss well beyond that expense if the fans lose support.
I am more than sure if it is purely a revenue concern the fans and alumni will collectively support a new coaching staff fundraiser to meet the needs.
Making a bad hire is a mistake any school can make. Nebraska football may never recover if immediate steps are not taken to rectify this error.
Thank you for your time.
Go Big Red
(Read from the bottom. I will try this way since there seems to be doubts it actually came from Harvey.)

God that is such a weak response from Pearlman. First, I am shocked he actually responds to random fan e-mails. Second, no I don't want to give Riley time to get his guys here. In a typical scenario, yeah sure. However, there are baseline, fundamental expectations that need to be met, no matter what excuse you have in the world. 3-9, 4-8 are fireable offenses, even in year 1. Riley currently is on track to have a -5 win differential from the previously FIRED coach. That may be some sort of record. Lastly, stop making the excuse "well, who will poor ole' Nebraska get if we fire a coach after year 1"? The answer is almost any coach in the nation, save for about 20 currently established head coaches, IF YOU PAY THE MONEY. money talks, and 3 to 4 million a year will get almost anybody here. Before I hear "we don't have that kind of money", here is a sampling of schools that currently pay their head coach 3 to 4 million per year:

Kansas State

Louisville

Washington

Michigan State

Mississippi State

You are telling me we can't compete with these guys? Obviously, those schools have had mixed success (some great, some not so much) but you have to willing to roll the dice with the big hitters. We are a weak program, and Pearlman, via that e-mail, shows he is a boy in a man's game.

MR's performance reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George was trying to get fired from the Yankees. You would have to try to be this bad, wouldn't you? Keep an eye out for MR driving around the parking lot dragging one of the MNC trophies.

• Fire 2

MR's performance reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George was trying to get fired from the Yankees. You would have to try to be this bad, wouldn't you? Keep an eye out for MR driving around the parking lot dragging one of the MNC trophies.

:laughpound :thumbsup:

Behind his bike? If he shows up Saturday in a skin suit it will be confirmed. +1