Phillip Dillard: Calling Out People, AD to Coaching Staff Needs Fired, Riley Bad Hire, & More!

Dillard never made a historic contribution to Husker legacy so I would give only marginal weight to his opinions. This whole thing is getting way out of hand.

Some people need to stop trying to wreck the program. Comments which attack either current players or coaches are simply out of line. Period. They need to be ignored and have, in my view, no value whatsoever.

No, no....just no.

He blasted Callahan and played for the guy, he is one of the guys who would know what this staff looks like....It looks like Callahan.

Someone who listens to someone else's frustration so I don't have to put it out there for the whole world to see :)

That's all good an everything but like they said in the pod cast, since the coaching staff is being paid It's fair game to criticize them. (which I agree with) Now if your going to put out a pod cast and post it to the internet then it's open game to criticize them also.

They put this out for the world to listen too so it's fair game!

• Fire 1

People are mad because they know Dillard is right. I watched the whole game again this morning...those kids quit on themselves. Period.

Nobody is listening to an hour-plus interview with terrible production quality. I mean, are players interviewed via cell phone while driving through the mountains? Dilliard is fine. He's one of many former players with an opinion. There are several former players with the opposite opinion, so... whatever.

People are mad because they know Dillard is right. I watched the whole game again this morning...those kids quit on themselves. Period.

Nobody is listening to an hour-plus interview with terrible production quality. I mean, are players interviewed via cell phone while driving through the mountains? Dilliard is fine. He's one of many former players with an opinion. There are several former players with the opposite opinion, so... whatever.

First, I only listened to the 2 interviews.

Second, Name the players with different opinions. Other players aren't as vocal or a little more PC but even Warfield in nicer words blasted the effort by players and the boneheaded approach to coaching this staff has demonstrated all year.

Second, Name the players with different opinions. Other players aren't as vocal or a little more PC but even Warfield in nicer words blasted the effort by players and the boneheaded approach to coaching this staff has demonstrated all year.

I didn't listen to it... because of the terrible production quality. I thought I made that clear.

Off the top of my head Vrzal, Zatechka, Peter, and Benning all have expressed opinions other than "going nuclear" on the staff.

I didn't listen to it... because of the terrible production quality. I thought I made that clear.

Off the top of my head Vrzal, Zatechka, Peter, and Benning all have expressed opinions other than "going nuclear" on the staff.

Not just the staff, the problems go all the way from top with AD hiring of a perennial loser of a coach down to the players who at times (Saturday) don't look like the wanna play football. Also Peter has said a ton of stuff about all of that and Benning as well as Foreman both have questioned the players desire at several points this season.

Not just the staff, the problems go all the way from top with AD hiring of a perennial loser of a coach down to the players who at times (Saturday) don't look like the wanna play football. Also Peter has said a ton of stuff about all of that and Benning as well as Foreman both have questioned the players desire at several points this season.

They have all questioned the players. That's the common theme here.

• Fire 1

Dillard can come off a little "fanish", true, and I can see how some wouldn't like that. But that's the group he's in now, regardless of his past experiences. His viewpoint will change, just as all of our viewpoints change as we enter different phases of life.

Two things that hit me though. First, near the end of the interview he talks about his recruiting. Worth a listen. Second, near the beginning if the interview he talks about his experience playing in different systems and how, in his words, certain basic things have been done the same for "100 years". I'd elaborate on that because he's right: we argue so much about essentially semantics. What you do is not as important as how you do it. Lots of systems work if you work the system. It doesn't matter what you call a play, if you can't get the center to QB exchange right the play fails. If you can't protect the A gap, as we've seen in all sorts of plays this year, the play fails.

• Fire 3

Former players have connections to the university more than the normal fan thinks. A lot of them are voicing their opinions which not all have been made public. They are fans also, like you, like me, and there is a divide right now. Some are willing to give Riley time, others are wanting to hit the reset button and then there are those stuck in the middle who keep going with a "wait and see" approach and then seem to tread backwards. Losing tests us all, it tests our loyalty to the football team, the players, and even the coaches. So, I can't blame Phillip Dillard for wanting to hit "refresh" and start over. A lot of fans seem to feel this way too. Its becoming more and more evident that this is not just possible, its probable.

I can tell you firsthand that Zatechka is not on board with the current staff. He is totally dumbfounded by Langsdorf's playcalling.