But Riley is a nice guy....Bulls**t!

Well, I still think he's a nice guy. He's not screwing us with his buddies on purpose or maliciously. He probably thinks they're good at what they do. He would just be wrong and that makes him inept not the a-hole you portray him as. Might be a case of some misdirected anger. Might be time to relax a bit.

Explain the lies. He said he wasn't going to force his system on these players. So explain the 50+ passes a game. He's an A-hole. He doesn't care what anyone thinks or says, he's like every coach that ever coached, he has an agenda and he's going to push that agenda come hell or high water and he will NEVER admit he's wrong. There is no misdirected anger. I'm not angry at him. I'm just tired of being told something that's not true. I bought all the nice guy crap at first, I wanted to believe it, but he's not a nice guy, he just plays one on TV.

It's been a while since I've heard anyone talk about Osborne that poorly.....

Haha, you think you got me huh? Osborn is not a mere coach. You can't compare Osborne to people like Riley or any other coach... Osborne is God.

So why did you lump Osborne in with everyone else? That was your doing, not mine.

And...deifying a mere mortal man? I see...

No, you lumped him in. When I said all coaches I never mentioned Osborne. For some reason you thought I was making reference to Osborne. But when you brought him up in the same conversation as Riley and other coaches, I had to correct you. Osborne is not a mere coach. He is not a mortal. I'm glad you understand now.

So when you said...."he's like every coach that ever coached, he has an agenda and he's going to push that agenda come hell or high water and he will NEVER admit he's wrong." You didn't really mean EVERY coach? When you said every coach, that puts Osborne in that group. And you did that, not me. Just saying....

Osborne was never infallible, he certainly made his share of mistakes. Osborne could have recruited Barry Sanders, in fact Barry wanted to play for Nebraska but Osborne passed on him.

When Osborne finally does pass away, are you still going to insist that he is not a mere mortal?

Dude really?

Elf is a bigredboard guy. They tend to hate on TO because he ran the ball too much and hired Solich or something.

Here's the thing, Riley must fire Banker to save his job.

It would be the only way he would have any semblance of credibility, but I say he's basically Callahan, so he's going to do the same thing Callahan did when Cosgrove was an unmitigated disaster as a D-coordinator....absolutely nothing. He's going to be a stubborn A-hole and keep his buddies and give the Husker fans a big giant F-YOU

In all fairness Cosgrove's defenses were not an abomination until the team was lost midway through 2007. Remember the patchwork defense we had against Michigan without any of our starting LB's? Let's be fair, he did a fair job most of the time.

Some stubborn people are nice.

NU's RB run game is worse than it's passing game. Players contribute to this (more than coaches).

Coaching new players in a new place is harder than coaching in the same place. Some of our apparent coaching failures may be due that and if so, perhaps next September the team is "better coached" even if we have most or all of the same coaches.

Yeah but he lied about not forcing his system on these players (50+ passes a game) and he has been guilty of cronyism in hiring incompetent assistant coaches (or at least inferior to what was available). Not a nice guy as we are always fed by the media. He ACTS nice.

Although I disagree with the first post of this thread, you have a point with your reply here. I too am torked and feel mislead about his system and adapting to the players skills.

Yeah, Tommy has run at times, but he was never meant to throw the ball 40 times a game, or at least that's not the impression I got before the season from Coach Riley.

Well, I still think he's a nice guy. He's not screwing us with his buddies on purpose or maliciously. He probably thinks they're good at what they do. He would just be wrong and that makes him inept not the a-hole you portray him as. Might be a case of some misdirected anger. Might be time to relax a bit.

Explain the lies. He said he wasn't going to force his system on these players. So explain the 50+ passes a game. He's an A-hole. He doesn't care what anyone thinks or says, he's like every coach that ever coached, he has an agenda and he's going to push that agenda come hell or high water and he will NEVER admit he's wrong. There is no misdirected anger. I'm not angry at him. I'm just tired of being told something that's not true. I bought all the nice guy crap at first, I wanted to believe it, but he's not a nice guy, he just plays one on TV.

Easy. Those aren't lies, he just doesn't know how to do the job better. They think they can't run the ball so they throw it 50 times. They legitimately think they are doing the right things. Not lies. Not malicious. Not an ahole. Just extremely over matched for the job at hand. Might seem passable in a place like Corvalis with a lot lower expectations but not here. I like the guy, I really do and hope he can get it turned around. But my brain tells me that just ain't gonna happen. His loyalty to Banker and Langsdorf will be his undoing. No need to demonize the guy or start a hate fest. He is just out if his league. And I hope he proves me wrong about that.

I want Nebraska to win. I agree with that. If he goes 12-0 next year I will sing his praises. But, I will still have my opinion that the whole "nice guy" persona is just an image for the cameras. I agree that what he does isn't to screw Nebraska fans, but he has no loyalty to Nebraska fans and no real concern for us either. And since he's wasting a tremendous amount of our money on these incompetent coaches (and he would have to be mentally retarded not to know they are incompetent), it shows that he is more concerned with his buddies' well being than the fans who are paying his salary. I think that makes him an A-hole. He knew Banker was bad at OSU and he could have hired any number of good D-coordinators, hell Ed Orgeron was practically begging to come to Nebraska, but Noooooo, he went with his buddy Banker, to the detriment of Nebraska fans everywhere. Not a good guy.

Nor should he. There shouldn't be single Power 5 head football coach on the planet that gives two f%&k** what the fans think. They have too much stuff on their plate as is. Also, you aren't paying the coaches' salaries, the university is. Quit sounding like a delusional mouth-breeder.

Yeah! When it comes down to it, it's just the coach and the players who need to pull together against the whole....wait...awww sh#t. :bat

Easy. Those aren't lies, he just doesn't know how to do the job better. They think they can't run the ball so they throw it 50 times. They legitimately think they are doing the right things. Not lies. Not malicious. Not an ahole. Just extremely over matched for the job at hand. Might seem passable in a place like Corvalis with a lot lower expectations but not here. I like the guy, I really do and hope he can get it turned around. But my brain tells me that just ain't gonna happen. His loyalty to Banker and Langsdorf will be his undoing. No need to demonize the guy or start a hate fest. He is just out if his league. And I hope he proves me wrong about that.

I want Nebraska to win. I agree with that. If he goes 12-0 next year I will sing his praises. But, I will still have my opinion that the whole "nice guy" persona is just an image for the cameras. I agree that what he does isn't to screw Nebraska fans, but he has no loyalty to Nebraska fans and no real concern for us either. And since he's wasting a tremendous amount of our money on these incompetent coaches (and he would have to be mentally retarded not to know they are incompetent), it shows that he is more concerned with his buddies' well being than the fans who are paying his salary. I think that makes him an A-hole. He knew Banker was bad at OSU and he could have hired any number of good D-coordinators, hell Ed Orgeron was practically begging to come to Nebraska, but Noooooo, he went with his buddy Banker, to the detriment of Nebraska fans everywhere. Not a good guy.

Nor should he. There shouldn't be single Power 5 head football coach on the planet that gives two f%&k** what the fans think. They have too much stuff on their plate as is. Also, you aren't paying the coaches' salaries, the university is. Quit sounding like a delusional mouth-breeder.

Yeah! When it comes down to it, it's just the coach and the players who need to pull together against the whole....wait...awww sh#t. :bat

Haha, nicely done there sir. That being said, I do think it's possible to be respectful and appreciative of the fans while still paying them zero mind.