Recruiting Comparison

BIG ERN

LeKevin Smith, Stew Bradley and Titus Adams started for Callahan and were drafted by the NFL and were recruited by Solich. Why aren't they listed?

I'm not going to do all your work for you. There were a ton of Solich recruits who contributed and played more for Callahan than some of the Callahan recruits you listed.

Over the years, I've probably posted at least 10 times where Solich left Clownahan in better shape talent wise than Clownahan left Bo in when taking into account the top three rounds of NFL draft status. Solich wasn't the recruiting dud he's been made out here for the last decade and a half. It's easy to see Solich concentrated his recruiting efforts on the defensive side of the ball, but he did recruit some pretty good players. We won't know for a few years just how bad or good of situation Riley inherited from Bo, but the rest is known with regards to the past coaching staffs.

The Solich firing is one thing we agree on. It should have never happened. Even if he was removed for off field reasons, I still don't believe he should have been fired. We've played some players who have done considerably worse things than having an extra marital affair.

:confucius:confucius You're serious aren't you??

LeKevin Smith, Stew Bradley and Titus Adams started for Callahan and were drafted by the NFL and were recruited by Solich. Why aren't they listed?

I'm not going to do all your work for you. There were a ton of Solich recruits who contributed and played more for Callahan than some of the Callahan recruits you listed.

LeKevin Smith I will add for sure. Adams probably, Bradley maybe.

Yes, you were indeed trying to point something out...and it appears with inaccurate and biased data...

Over the years, I've probably posted at least 10 times where Solich left Clownahan in better shape talent wise than Clownahan left Bo in when taking into account the top three rounds of NFL draft status. Solich wasn't the recruiting dud he's been made out here for the last decade and a half. It's easy to see Solich concentrated his recruiting efforts on the defensive side of the ball, but he did recruit some pretty good players. We won't know for a few years just how bad or good of situation Riley inherited from Bo, but the rest is known with regards to the past coaching staffs.

The Solich firing is one thing we agree on. It should have never happened. Even if he was removed for off field reasons, I still don't believe he should have been fired. We've played some players who have done considerably worse things than having an extra marital affair.

Spot on in the first paragraph, but don't even repeat that crap in the last paragraph. It's totally false. All of those rumors were spread by Pedey's propaganda minions AFTER he realized that firing Frank wasn't as popular with the masses as it was was with him and his minions.

It's the truth. Of course he's serious.

From '04 to '08, NU had 18 players draft (8 during the first 3 rounds). I think three of those were Callahan recruits, and one of which was a top 3 rounder (Brandon Jackson, who left early).

From '08 to '12, NU had 17 players draft (3 during the first 3 rounds). I think two of those were Pelini recruits, and one of which was a top 3 rounder (L. David).

I'll never understand why people so easily buy into the myth that Callahan left Bo a full cupboard compared to what Solich left or what Pelini has left.

From '04 to '08, NU had 18 players draft (8 during the first 3 rounds). I think three of those were Callahan recruits, and one of which was a top 3 rounder (Brandon Jackson, who left early).

From '08 to '12, NU had 17 players draft (3 during the first 3 rounds). I think two of those were Pelini recruits, and one of which was a top 3 rounder (L. David).

I'll never understand why people so easily buy into the myth that Callahan left Bo a full cupboard compared to what Solich left or what Pelini has left.

It's just like the Solich rumors. There were a lot of very vocal and highly prolific posters that kept pumping this crap out there. After seeing things a certain number of times, even the most unbelievable things start to sound convincing.

There are still people out there that think Callahan fielded great offenses at Nebraska.

So who are you leaving out between Prince and Suh?

They were among the 16 players drafted between '08 and '12 who were recruited by Callahan (and the only other two to go during the first 3 rounds).

What aren't you getting about this?

They were among the 16 players drafted between '08 and '12 who were recruited by Callahan (and the only other two to go during the first 3 rounds).

#5, #20, #13 - National rankings. To say Callahan didn't recruit well is flat out stupid. Spare the pissing match of who was better.

They all did a good enough job in this regard, but Bo and Bill couldn't translate that into a conference title.

#5, #20, #13 - National rankings. To say Callahan didn't recruit well is flat out stupid. Spare the pissing match of who was better.

They all did a good enough job in this regard, but couldn't translate that into a conference title.

Actually, the entire argument has been that Bo lived of of Callahan's recruits.

In reality, Callahan was about average overall as a recruiter, though he mismanaged his roster and went for JUCO shortcuts too much.

If you and others wanted to say "Callahan recruited in line with Solich and Pelini" you'd hear not much argument from me. But to pretend he was better then those guys? That dog doesn't hunt.

They all did a good enough job in this regard, but couldn't translate that into a conference title.

In reality, Callahan was about average overall as a recruiter, though he mismanaged his roster and went for JUCO shortcuts too much.

If you and others wanted to say "Callahan recruited in line with Solich and Pelini" you'd hear not much argument from me. But to pretend he was better then those guys? That dog doesn't hunt.

What are you missing about those numbers? #5, #20, #13 - National rankings.

What are you missing about those numbers? #5, #20, #13 - National rankings.

Were you missing the fact that the total points in those years for those classes was actually lower than other years?

Those rankings are a lot less meaningful than draft picks and free agent contracts.