Finnin Done

This isn't good...

Yes it is, it is the begining of the rebuild. We don't need any Bolievers left on this team. He can go to YSU if that is what he wants to do, but he and the like need to stop poisoning the locker room. We have about 11 or 12 more that need to follow him before any true rebuild can start.
Honestly, I get it, I do...

But, sometimes it might not be about being a "boliever" but more that he(them, some) don't believe in Riley...

If you had a new boss that came in with a weak rep (recored) and then started off by making mistake after mistake...would you buy in?

LOL... MR doesn't have a weak reputation. How many coaches can you say have been offered the Head job at USC and Alabama only to turn down both? Damn you're clueless.

Does turning them down show a weak reputation?

Also, on top of that, please show me the offer sheet. Thanks! Not a newspaper link...the offer sheet. The contract with his name on it that he refused to sign. Thanks!

This isn't good...

Yes it is, it is the begining of the rebuild. We don't need any Bolievers left on this team. He can go to YSU if that is what he wants to do, but he and the like need to stop poisoning the locker room. We have about 11 or 12 more that need to follow him before any true rebuild can start.

But, sometimes it might not be about being a "boliever" but more that he(them, some) don't believe in Riley...

If you had a new boss that came in with a weak rep (recored) and then started off by making mistake after mistake...would you buy in?

LOL... MR doesn't have a weak reputation. How many coaches can you say have been offered the Head job at USC and Alabama only to turn down both? Damn you're clueless.

Also, on top of that, please show me the offer sheet. Thanks! Not a newspaper link...the offer sheet. The contract with his name on it that he refused to sign. Thanks!

Yeah, everyone is just making it up. You're right. Got damn. Never thought id have to mute your ass.

This isn't good...

Yeah, everyone is just making it up. You're right. Got damn. Never thought id have to mute your ass.
Who is "everyone"?

Show me

That is what I thought

I also want to see Bo interviewing for PSU, Miami and OSU...like "everyone said"

This isn't good...

Not sure, but other than two coaches, those programs did a terrible job hiring during the past 20 years

*** interrupting this ___fest for just a moment ***

Some of the above is going to get people banned, suspended, or worse, turn them into real life grouches. If you can't agree with someone, that's fine -- handle it differently. Don't channel this guy:

Illinois_Nebraska_Footbal_4.jpg

Thanks!

*** And now, back to the thread ***

• Fire 2

Exactly when did you start paying attention to college football? Not a slam, but if you think USC and Alabama were, at the time of their offers to Mike Riley, top tier powerhouses, then it's probably because you didn't know what was going on at the time.

This has all been covered before on the forum. I did it about 11 months ago, but in case you didn't see it or don't remember it, here we go again:

Riley was offered the Alabama job when their coach, Denis Franchione, said he wasn't leaving Alabama, went to Texas and literally never came back. He filmed his good bye to the team after taking the head coaching job at Texas A&M. Franchione knew that Alabama had been caught cheating and was going to lose 23 scholarships, have a bowl ban for the next two years and be on probation for a hellishly long time. THAT was the Alabama job Riley turned down.

When Mike Riley was offered the USC job, Pete Carroll had fled town just before the scandal involving Reggie Bush broke, again with the Trojans being banned from bowls for two years and losing 30 scholarships as well as forfeiting I don't know how many games. Riley demurred from climbing into this dumpster fire as well, and I can't say as I blame him in either case. Lane Kiffin was fool enough to take the job that was doomed to failure.

Anyhow, Mike Riley seems to be the perennial pick for programs in crisis, probably because he truly is a nice guy and upstanding coach. It seems any team that wants to regain their likability see Riley as the guy they want, and that is high praise for his character and personality.

• Fire 1

This isn't good...

He wasn't offered by either. Myth.