2006 season predictions

Have to agree with you there when Zac Taylor and Carricker leave it's going to hurt us for a season!!! I think 10-2 with the losses coming from someone other than USC and Texas............I think both of these teams are overrated for this next season and I think we will beat them!!! JMO....GBR :cheers

I'll be estatic with a 9-3 record or better and a trip to a major bowl. I'm be happy/satisfied with an 8-4 record. ANything less would be a disappointment. I'm still predicting that we upset Texas.

Your going to be happy with 8-4?????? So after 3 years we still haven't got as many wins or as few losses as the staff that got fired at 10-3. After this year we lose quite a bit, especially losing a qb and not having another one with any experience. IF we lose more then 3 games it was a terrible year imo.

I'll be estatic with a 9-3 record or better and a trip to a major bowl.  I'm be happy/satisfied with an 8-4 record.  ANything less would be a disappointment.  I'm still predicting that we upset Texas.

Your going to be happy with 8-4?????? So after 3 years we still haven't got as many wins or as few losses as the staff that got fired at 10-3. After this year we lose quite a bit, especially losing a qb and not having another one with any experience. IF we lose more then 3 games it was a terrible year imo.

That's a valid point. I would like to see a 10 win year this year. At the very least Big 12 champ game, like in past years, that's attainable without 10 wins.

I'll be estatic with a 9-3 record or better and a trip to a major bowl.  I'm be happy/satisfied with an 8-4 record.  ANything less would be a disappointment.  I'm still predicting that we upset Texas.

That's a valid point. I would like to see a 10 win year this year. At the very least Big 12 champ game, like in past years, that's attainable without 10 wins.

Agreed.

With that said, I would be shocked if we beat either USC or Texas and I'm sure we will lose a couple more.

well, if you think we will lose at least 4 games, why bother posting at all?.....cheez, talk about killing enthusiasm......we might as well throw in the towel now, eh? :blink:

hunter

Some think 8 wins is just great. You never know what will happen with injuries and stuff but I would be suprised if we didn't lose 4 games. I don't think our coaches are good enough not to.

well, if you think we will lose at least 4 games, why bother posting at all?.....cheez, talk about killing enthusiasm......we might as well throw in the towel now, eh? 

I don't know what you mean by "why bother posting at all?"....this is a message board afterall. In terms of "killing enthusiasm", I am VERY ENTHUSIAST for 2006, and I doubt that my posting seriously affected anyone's enthusiasm apart from your own. We obviously have different opinions about "success" for the 2006 season. I happen to think that a Kill-joy is anyone who has too high of expectations and will ride the team hard if those expectations are not met! Gad, do I have to predict a National Championship to be an "enthusiastic" Husker Fan. Yeah, I would be happy/satisfied with 8-4. It's very possible...and there's different ways of measuring progress than in the won-loss column. Everyone seems to have written up two losses for the Huskers anyway. Think about...Texas, USC...those are tough games. Not to mention that we have some challenging road games at A & M, Iowa State and Okie State. Missouri and Kansas beat us last year....handily. I just think that the schedule is tough. An 8-4 record this year would be "okay" in my book...I wouldn't go pissing and moaning about the coach, the AD or the players if that is what happens. I will piss and moan, though, if we lose more than four games.

Now, I hope that we go at least 9-3 (that's my prediction)...and that includes a thrilling upset over Texas!! And, I would agree that not winning the Big 12 North would be very disappointing.

My detailed prediction is found in my post in the entry "Next Five Years"...if you still question my enthusiasm, I suggest that you check-out that post!

well, if you think we will lose at least 4 games, why bother posting at all?.....cheez, talk about killing enthusiasm......we might as well throw in the towel now, eh? 

I don't know what you mean by "why bother posting at all?"....this is a message board afterall. In terms of "killing enthusiasm", I am VERY ENTHUSIAST for 2006, and I doubt that my posting seriously affected anyone's enthusiasm apart from your own.

***SNIP***

He was responding to Benard's "predictions", I believe...