Heavy heart today

ScottyIce

Can any of the mods explain why AFHusker is repeatedly allowed to call our QB and other posters retards?

I don't even read what 74Hunter posts. It's been the exact same thing since December 2014.

Thank you....there are only three posters that get on my nerves that want to blame the coaches for poor play on the field that they have no control over. He is one of them and when TA is leading the nation in turnovers and has guys wide open, that isn't the coaches fault. It is a dumb player attempting to play the QB position. We will be a lot better team once we get an average QB, let alone a good or great one.

Every aspect of the team has improved this year except QB play. The NFL puts a premium on Elite QB play. It is all about decision making and the kid doesn't have it. Until January (fingers crossed), he is the best that we have got. He has made huge plays in tight games, but the fact remains that he has played a huge part in putting us in those tight games he is 'bailing' us out of.

I agree that it is odd that Jano had no touches, but that is not even close to the reason this team struggled.

The thing is that a lot of his "huge plays" were bad decisions that we got lucky and were completed. He has a lot of heart, but not the smarts to play the position. Maybe next year he can be a WR or play another position after we hopefully get a legit QB signed.

He leads that nation in turnovers and has personally lost 5 of the 7 games (Purdue and Miami were not his fault) this year. If you want to try to say it was on the coaches then you are just lazy and ignorant.

Who keeps starting Armstrong, who never pulls him, who watches Armstrong throw off of his back foot all season and is okay with it, who calls passing plays for Armstrong when they (should, by now) know he's not capable of making good throws or good decisions? Here's a hint: They are all the same two people and neither one is 74husker.

So if you have a quarterback who can't or won't improve and the coaches can't or won't bench him or develop him or the guy behind him, who's at fault? Cripes, I think I could have taken Jamal Turner and turned him into a better quarterback by now than what we have in Armstrong...and if I couldn't, I wouldn't make him the showpiece of the offense.

Maybe you should stop with the name calling and insults and thinkjust a little deeper in your analysis Then you might come off a little better in your posts.

Nah man. Just call everyone retarded and call it a day. That's the mark of true insight

• Fire 2

He leads that nation in turnovers and has personally lost 5 of the 7 games (Purdue and Miami were not his fault) this year. If you want to try to say it was on the coaches then you are just lazy and ignorant.

Who keeps starting Armstrong, who never pulls him, who watches Armstrong throw off of his back foot all season and is okay with it, who calls passing plays for Armstrong when they (should, by now) know he's not capable of making good throws or good decisions? Here's a hint: They are all the same two people and neither one is 74husker.

So if you have a quarterback who can't or won't improve and the coaches can't or won't bench him or develop him or the guy behind him, who's at fault? Cripes, I think I could have taken Jamal Turner and turned him into a better quarterback by now than what we have in Armstrong...and if I couldn't, I wouldn't make him the showpiece of the offense.

Maybe you should stop with the name calling and insults and thinkjust a little deeper in your analysis Then you might come off a little better in your posts.

WE DON'T HAVE ANYONE ELSE TO PLAY THE QB POSITION DUE TO BO's sh**ty RECRUTING. IT IS A SAD FACT OF LIFE FOR THIS SEASON. WE SAW WHAT OUR BACKUP COULD(N'T) DO AGAINST PURDUE.

It's earned if you are chosen to go. I don't know what other parameters you need, and you should remember this isn't 1975 anymore . . . there are many bowl games and many opportunities these days, because college football fans love bowl games.

It's earned if a team goes 6-6, otherwise it's akin to being crowned Miss America because the other 49 contestants died when the stage collapsed...and it is the city fathers and chambers of commerce that love bowl games that bring in fans. THAT is why every city with a stadium that seats over 500 clamors to have a bowl game.

It's earned if you are chosen to go. I don't know what other parameters you need, and you should remember this isn't 1975 anymore . . . there are many bowl games and many opportunities these days, because college football fans love bowl games.

It's earned if a team goes 6-6, otherwise it's akin to being crowned Miss America because the other 49 contestants died when the stage collapsed...and it is the city fathers and chambers of commerce that love bowl games that bring in fans. THAT is why every city with a stadium that seats over 500 clamors to have a bowl game.

I agree with the principle of not earning a bowl game. But if we are offered one due to there being way too many bowl games then we need to take it for the extra 15 practices to help for next season for the guys who will still be here.

Meh. Just hold your nose accept your bid to the Depends Undergarment Bowl and use it for the extra practice.

• Fire 1

Meh. Just hold your nose accept your bid to the Depends Undergarment Bowl and use it for the extra practice.

X2

I would explain it but you are not smart enough to understand it.

More personal attacks. Nice. I guess that's not against board rules anymore.

You just want them to run a fullback trap 75 times a game and that is going to get our asses kicked.

Link to where I said that?

Hell I saw you bitching after our FIRST pass play that was intercepted due to TA's legally retarded decsion making when the run pass ratio was 6-1.

Your use of the R word is really telling.

When the truth is that TO was HORRIBLE in picking HC's.

Really? I'm not sure if simple math is your weakness or Husker history is, but his 2 choices won 70%+ of their games and put quite a few trophies in North Stadium.

The other 2, yeah they delivered the only 3 losing seasons since Bill Jennings.

But you are on to something. You make it apparent that some "fans" hate Dr. Tom and want to get as far away from him as possible. Those fans love Callahan, both V.1 and V.2.

The coaches are getting paid that to fix the weak minded culture that Bo's POS ass left us. It isn't easy nor fast to fix what he left us. Hopefully we get rid of the Bolievers that are left and move forward with those that care about wining games at NU.

Lol. That's a cute little diatribe. Apparently that whole winning games thingy got lost on this staff ( which was predictable).

Man, I thought that coaches were paid to teach the players, put to together a solid game plan, and call plays to put their players in position to succeed. Obviously this staff isn't getting paid for that.

If you want to watch a clown show, then watch Frank and Bo put us in the shitter that we are now.

Yeah, all those horrible winning seasons, or the horror.

These losing seasons brought by the Callahans are so much better.

You just want them to run a fullback trap 75 times a game and that is going to get our asses kicked.

Hell I saw you bitching after our FIRST pass play that was intercepted due to TA's legally retarded decsion making when the run pass ratio was 6-1.

Really? I'm not sure if simple math is your weakness or Husker history is, but his 2 choices won 70%+ of their games and put quite a few trophies in North Stadium.

But you are on to something. You make it apparent that some "fans" hate Dr. Tom and want to get as far away from him as possible. Those fans love Callahan, both V.1 and V.2.

The coaches are getting paid that to fix the weak minded culture that Bo's POS ass left us. It isn't easy nor fast to fix what he left us. Hopefully we get rid of the Bolievers that are left and move forward with those that care about wining games at NU.

Lol. That's a cute little diatribe. Apparently that whole winning games thingy got lost on this staff ( which was predictable).

Man, I thought that coaches were paid to teach the players, put to together a solid game plan, and call plays to put their players in position to succeed. Obviously this staff isn't getting paid for that.

If you want to watch a clown show, then watch Frank and Bo put us in the shitter that we are now.

Your avoidance of admitting your trolling of the board is telling. I could break down all of your points, but I am tired of proving you wrong yet again. It is boring me.

The one thing I will say is that Frank was handed the defending National Champions and after Tom's recruits graduated in his fist year of just Franks recruits turned them into a 7-7 team that had to beat McNeese State to go to a bowl game. He is the one that put us in this position that we haven't been able to get out of. Bo had a ton of NFL talent that Bill left him, once they wen to the NFL, Bo started his annual blowouts and his fate was set.

• Fire 1

I pray we get lucky and make a bowl. Seniors deserve it.

Serious question. Not being a smart ass. Why do they deserve a bowl game? Because they've been here 4 years? Because why?

I hate to be hard on them but they haven't earned and don't deserve anything. A lot of that is on the coaches but a lot of it is on unmotivated play of the players. Sorry but I don't want to see this edition of the Huskers on the field again. We need to concentrate on getting a better version on the field next year. Much better.

So many people on HB laughed and scoffed when, in seasons past, a 5-7 team made it to a bowl game. Some were pissed. Now that WE are the 5-7 team, it's a great idea to go to a bowl game. My vote is no. We didn't earn it.
I'd prefer not to watch Tommy embarrass us again this year.

Nothing less than your posting :leghump:

Your avoidance of admitting your trolling of the board is telling. I could break down all of your points, but I am tired of proving you wrong yet again. It is boring me.

Considering you have never one time done that, I'll accept your surrender.

Maybe you should start your own college with JT as your QB? Adios.