Heavy heart today

ScottyIce

I pray we get lucky and make a bowl. Seniors deserve it.

Serious question. Not being a smart ass. Why do they deserve a bowl game? Because they've been here 4 years? Because why?

I hate to be hard on them but they haven't earned and don't deserve anything. A lot of that is on the coaches but a lot of it is on unmotivated play of the players. Sorry but I don't want to see this edition of the Huskers on the field again. We need to concentrate on getting a better version on the field next year. Much better.

So many people on HB laughed and scoffed when, in seasons past, a 5-7 team made it to a bowl game. Some were pissed. Now that WE are the 5-7 team, it's a great idea to go to a bowl game. My vote is no. We didn't earn it.
Everyone needs to get past whether it is earned or not, what really matters is what is best for the team to make 2016 better. Reality is that going to a bowl game allows the team 15 additional practices, which is the same a Spring Ball. That is huge, so get over the other aspects and get on board for a 5-7 team going to a bowl game.

I'd say that the less time this staff has to poison the players, the better.

Right, we've watched the staff and this team do the same kind of crap for twelve weeks now, why would it suddenly change because we are going to a bowl?

Serious question. Not being a smart ass. Why do they deserve a bowl game? Because they've been here 4 years? Because why?

I hate to be hard on them but they haven't earned and don't deserve anything. A lot of that is on the coaches but a lot of it is on unmotivated play of the players. Sorry but I don't want to see this edition of the Huskers on the field again. We need to concentrate on getting a better version on the field next year. Much better.

So many people on HB laughed and scoffed when, in seasons past, a 5-7 team made it to a bowl game. Some were pissed. Now that WE are the 5-7 team, it's a great idea to go to a bowl game. My vote is no. We didn't earn it.
Everyone needs to get past whether it is earned or not, what really matters is what is best for the team to make 2016 better. Reality is that going to a bowl game allows the team 15 additional practices, which is the same a Spring Ball. That is huge, so get over the other aspects and get on board for a 5-7 team going to a bowl game.

I'd say and have been saying for months, the less time you spend posting the better off the world is.

• Fire 1

I'd say and have been saying for months, the less time you spend posting the better off the world is.

Hip, hip, hooray.

But me posting or not won't magically turn this staff into a somewhat competent staff.

Hip, hip, hooray.

But me posting or not won't magically turn this staff into a somewhat competent staff.

But it will make this board a lot more smarter if you give up your agenda and try to use your brain instead of your ass when you post.

We could have won today. We could have won every game we played this year. That is something that cannot be said of any season under Bo. The 5-7 record is a travesty, but we are at least competing again, with top teams even.

I guess I'm not as upset about todays loss as I normallu would be. When we lost to Illinois I kind of just expected the season to fall apart. We did some great things though, just not enough to stay respectable.

• Fire 1

We could have won today. We could have won every game we played this year. That is something that cannot be said of any season under Bo. The 5-7 record is a travesty, but we are at least competing again, with top teams even.

I guess I'm not as upset about todays loss as I normallu would be. When we lost to Illinois I kind of just expected the season to fall apart. We did some great things though, just not enough to stay respectable.

That will change the further away we get from Bo's culture of F*** everyone in the admin and fans. He created a mentally weak culture that will take years to replace. IDK if Riley is the right guy to do it, but the culture at NU needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

That will change the further away we get from Bo's culture of F*** everyone in the admin and fans. He created a mentally weak culture that will take years to replace. IDK if Riley is the right guy to do it, but the culture at NU needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

I don't buy into the whole Bo ruined the atmosphere thing. It was toxic, yes. But 12 games into a new staff and I think a lot of that has been remedied. Alex Lewis being gone should get rid of any remaining hostility.

I'd prefer not to watch Tommy embarrass us again this year.

Anyone think Canzeri runs for those two TD's if Gerry were back there?

I like Armstrong, he's pulled off some amazing feats, but he's hurt us, far more than helped us to wins.

I actually like where we are at, for the future. We have a vastly improved defense, which can stop the run (much more often, than not), and pass defense has improved as well. Pelini may have won 9 games, but he didn't have the team playing this hard, in the games he lost. I think if we get a bowl invite, we definitely accept, to continue developing.

If we plug in a QB, who can make the 'high percentage' passes, we are in ALL of these games. We have a bunch of playmakers, way more than any other team in the west division. We just need a QB who can get the ball to them.

• Fire 2

I don't buy into the whole Bo ruined the atmosphere thing. It was toxic, yes. But 12 games into a new staff and I think a lot of that has been remedied. Alex Lewis being gone should get rid of any remaining hostility.

it will be fixed in the next week or so. Riley is tired of the those that are half-assing it. So don't be suprised when we have a few more scholarships available very soon. He's about to turn from nice guy to a-hole because he can't afford to baby some kids who haven't bought in.

Anyone think Canzeri runs for those two TD's if Gerry were back there?

I like Armstrong, he's pulled off some amazing feats, but he's hurt us, far more than helped us to wins.

I actually like where we are at, for the future. We have a vastly improved defense, which can stop the run (much more often, than not), and pass defense has improved as well. Pelini may have won 9 games, but he didn't have the team playing this hard, in the games he lost. I think if we get a bowl invite, we definitely accept, to continue developing.

If we plug in a QB, who can make the 'high percentage' passes, we are in ALL of these games. We have a bunch of playmakers, way more than any other team in the west division. We just need a QB who can get the ball to them.

We just need an Alex Smith type of QB that doesn't lead the nation in turnovers and we win 10 games. It's that simple, TA cost us playing for the B1G title.

It has more to do with TA being legally retarded at the QB position than it does with any of the coaches. I hope we never see that guy as the starter at NU ever again. He leads that nation in turnovers and has personally lost 5 of the 7 games (Purdue and Miami were not his fault) this year. If you want to try to say it was on the coaches then you are just lazy and ignorant. Which is par for the course with your legally retarded posts.

tommy didn't throw that pick in ot?

He did, but I blame the coaches (big suprise to some on here) for the very poor start or fist half to that game. We weren't ready to play until after halftime.