Tommy Armstrong's Instagram

Dansker

Are the stories of T A being difficult to coach, ignored his coaches and has a tendency to improvise just rumor?

I do not think his throwing off his back foot, or throwing into triple coverage or not seeing the open receiver but always going for the home run are 100% coaching problems

He has poor fundamentals, telegraphs most of his passes, struggles to count down his receivers, fails to have a good feel for location of DBs and makes way too many poor decisions

A QB should never throw off his back foot and this is something Tommy does frequently. I'm sure he is coached not to do that but it is on the player to apply that to his game. From what I've gathered, Tommy doesn't have the best vision and is incapable for whatever reason of checking down to another receiver. Too many plays this year with yards+points left on the field because of Tommy's decision making/vision or lack thereof. I've seen too much this year as well, of throwing into double or triple coverage 40+ yards down the field in hopes of making a miraculous catch or getting a pass interference call.

Tebow was utilized properly (I.e., about a third of his passes were shovel passes and "reverse option" looks where a receiver took the pass and went).

If we had a creative offensive mind on offensive coaching staff, TA would be outstanding.

See Tom Herman and Greg Ward Jr.

Or

Any coach other than ours

Jeez, Tommy would have one of the best senior seasons we've seen with Tom Herman on the sidelines. That guy is a football coach and its no surprise Houston is willing to empty their pockets on him. A lot of good coaches have come and gone at Houston.