GT: Indiana at Nebraska - 3PM CT - BTN

This team is mentally incapable of playing a full 40 mins.

This is how dumb this team is. 14 mins left in the game. Shields has yogi on him. Shields as foot on him. Instead of posting yogi up, he gives up the ball and runs to the 3pt line on the other side. After watching that play, I've come to terms we are good for 2 more wins this year and shields is not that smart.

I'd love to see who rated morrow a top 60 recruit.

Well, regardless of how this game plays out, it is very clear in year 4 of Tim Miles we are still a long long ways from top 20

It'll never cease to amaze me the kind of expectations Husker fans put on it's basketball team. Going .500 is a good year for NU.

They will NEVER be a consistently good team. Never.

lol, yeah the expectations of having a good team. Why will NU never be better than .500?

That's not what I said. I said they will never consistently be a good team. Meaning, a top 30 team.

I said .500 is a good year for NU not that they can't be better than that on occasion.

saying .500 is a good year is implying they can't do much better, which is why you consider .500 a good year.

regardless, why? Why will NU never "consistently" be a good team?

You don't get to be any more Husker as a fan of all the sports at NU than I am. However, I felt that rather than building the basketball arena, we should have first rebuilt Husker footbally to a perennial power again. TO spearheaded this basketball 'revival' thing when one needs to be realistic. Nebraska has NEVER EVER been good in basketball and NEVER EVER won a single championship in all the years of basketball since the game was invented. In my view, Nebraska NEVER EVER will win such a championship in men's basketball. I cannot tell you WHY they will not but after many many decades of playing, with multiple 'investments' in arenas, coaches, etc, etc., etc, it just is not going to happen. Legend Bob Devaney built the Devaney Center to 'bring basketball up to where it was supposedly supposed to be! Of course it never happened. Nebraska as a State has produced a very tiny handful of 'great' basketball players over the many years, almost NONE of which played for DONU. We've hired Moe Iba, son of a basketball coaching legend. He produced Nebraska's most competitive teams in my opinion ever. Still, unable to win a championship and eventually even he was asked to depart. Danny Nee was an above average 'sideline screamer' and recruited a handful of very good players but never enough to get us truly near being competitive.

I have read many comments suggesting Tim Miles was going to get it done! Now, the posts on this board are virtually all NEGATIVE after a brief time. We read about recruits but frankly, until and unless the State of Nebraska produces two 'superstar' high school players with all the talent, skills, height, etc. to take a team to the final four, Nebraska will NEVER EVER win a basketball title in the Big Ten. The Big 12 was tough enough with KU, OU, UT, etc. But the Big Ten is doubly tough. Nebraska did not join the Big Ten to help its chances to win the men's BB trophy. It ain't happening! Basketball in Nebraska is basically something for the athletic kids to do to stay in shape during the winter months.

Never won anything. 1993 team would like to have a word with you. They will bring there big 8 trophy with them. Didn't doc win an NIT championship too. But yeah that's it.

I'd love to see who rated morrow a top 60 recruit.

Not sure about the rating but I really like Morrow. The problem is he's a 4 trapped in a 3's body. Gives you energy and hustle - rebounding mostly. But I don't know if he'll ever be able to do much on offense.

Yep!

Morrow was helped a lot by playing his HS ball where he did...Chicago kids are always ranked high and Simeon kids are ranked the highest...Morrows offers were a bit odd but I thought he would be a star but his offensive game is all based on tip ins and fast breaks...well...tip ins are harder to get in college and NU can't fast break.