GT: Indiana at Nebraska - 3PM CT - BTN

Well, regardless of how this game plays out, it is very clear in year 4 of Tim Miles we are still a long long ways from top 20

It'll never cease to amaze me the kind of expectations Husker fans put on it's basketball team. Going .500 is a good year for NU.

They will NEVER be a consistently good team. Never.

lol, yeah the expectations of having a good team. Why will NU never be better than .500?

Well, regardless of how this game plays out, it is very clear in year 4 of Tim Miles we are still a long long ways from top 20

It'll never cease to amaze me the kind of expectations Husker fans put on it's basketball team. Going .500 is a good year for NU.

lol, yeah the expectations of having a good team. Why will NU never be better than .500?

That's not what I said. I said they will never consistently be a good team. Meaning, a top 30 team.

I said .500 is a good year for NU not that they can't be better than that on occasion.

That's not what I said. I said they will never consistently be a good team. Meaning, a top 30 team.

I said .500 is a good year for NU not that they can't be better than that on occasion.

saying .500 is a good year is implying they can't do much better, which is why you consider .500 a good year.

regardless, why? Why will NU never "consistently" be a good team?

saying .500 is a good year is implying they can't do much better, which is why you consider .500 a good year.

You don't get to be any more Husker as a fan of all the sports at NU than I am. However, I felt that rather than building the basketball arena, we should have first rebuilt Husker footbally to a perennial power again. TO spearheaded this basketball 'revival' thing when one needs to be realistic. Nebraska has NEVER EVER been good in basketball and NEVER EVER won a single championship in all the years of basketball since the game was invented. In my view, Nebraska NEVER EVER will win such a championship in men's basketball. I cannot tell you WHY they will not but after many many decades of playing, with multiple 'investments' in arenas, coaches, etc, etc., etc, it just is not going to happen. Legend Bob Devaney built the Devaney Center to 'bring basketball up to where it was supposedly supposed to be! Of course it never happened. Nebraska as a State has produced a very tiny handful of 'great' basketball players over the many years, almost NONE of which played for DONU. We've hired Moe Iba, son of a basketball coaching legend. He produced Nebraska's most competitive teams in my opinion ever. Still, unable to win a championship and eventually even he was asked to depart. Danny Nee was an above average 'sideline screamer' and recruited a handful of very good players but never enough to get us truly near being competitive.

I have read many comments suggesting Tim Miles was going to get it done! Now, the posts on this board are virtually all NEGATIVE after a brief time. We read about recruits but frankly, until and unless the State of Nebraska produces two 'superstar' high school players with all the talent, skills, height, etc. to take a team to the final four, Nebraska will NEVER EVER win a basketball title in the Big Ten. The Big 12 was tough enough with KU, OU, UT, etc. But the Big Ten is doubly tough. Nebraska did not join the Big Ten to help its chances to win the men's BB trophy. It ain't happening! Basketball in Nebraska is basically something for the athletic kids to do to stay in shape during the winter months.

• Fire 1

Perception. Recruiting.

You don't get to be any more Husker as a fan of all the sports at NU than I am. However, I felt that rather than building the basketball arena, we should have first rebuilt Husker footbally to a perennial power again. TO spearheaded this basketball 'revival' thing when one needs to be realistic. Nebraska has NEVER EVER been good in basketball and NEVER EVER won a single championship in all the years of basketball since the game was invented. In my view, Nebraska NEVER EVER will win such a championship in men's basketball. I cannot tell you WHY they will not but after many many decades of playing, with multiple 'investments' in arenas, coaches, etc, etc., etc, it just is not going to happen. Legend Bob Devaney built the Devaney Center to 'bring basketball up to where it was supposedly supposed to be! Of course it never happened. Nebraska as a State has produced a very tiny handful of 'great' basketball players over the many years, almost NONE of which played for DONU. We've hired Moe Iba, son of a basketball coaching legend. He produced Nebraska's most competitive teams in my opinion ever. Still, unable to win a championship and eventually even he was asked to depart. Danny Nee was an above average 'sideline screamer' and recruited a handful of very good players but never enough to get us truly near being competitive.

I have read many comments suggesting Tim Miles was going to get it done! Now, the posts on this board are virtually all NEGATIVE after a brief time. We read about recruits but frankly, until and unless the State of Nebraska produces two 'superstar' high school players with all the talent, skills, height, etc. to take a team to the final four, Nebraska will NEVER EVER win a basketball title in the Big Ten. The Big 12 was tough enough with KU, OU, UT, etc. But the Big Ten is doubly tough. Nebraska did not join the Big Ten to help its chances to win the men's BB trophy. It ain't happening! Basketball in Nebraska is basically something for the athletic kids to do to stay in shape during the winter months.

Nee had some good teams! The problem is NU stopped caring about basketball, because they have always had football. There is absolutely no reason NU can't be good year in and year out. We just have to find that coach! We jumped a little too soon on bringing Miles in, he has been .500 his whole career.

I was never a fan of this hire, though I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I respect your opinion, but it is just that, your opinion. NU has never been good year in and year out because the interest from NU has never been there.

EDIT: stupidity in the administration has been the biggest reason!!

EDIT 2: Joe Cipriano and Moe Iba had some decent teams. To say NU has never been good shows some just don't know NU history very well!

• Fire 1

Perception. Recruiting.

That is true, in both examples, but both can be broken! It can be done if NU really wanted it to.. and not just building a new gym and expect that to draw in recruits.

There is a level of success between accepting .500 as a good season and winning conference titles.

Top 20 is way to big of a goal right now, but top 50 isn't. Competing for the tournament every year shouldn't be out of the question. We are spending the resources to show that we actually do give a crap, the atmosphere is well above average. Lincoln is a fun college town and can be recruited to.

If regional programs like Wichita St and K St and Iowa St and Iowa and hell even Creighton can have successful stretches over the past decade there is no reason Nebraska can't.

• Fire 1

There is a level of success between accepting .500 as a good season and winning conference titles.

Top 20 is way to big of a goal right now, but top 50 isn't. Competing for the tournament every year shouldn't be out of the question. We are spending the resources to show that we actually do give a crap, the atmosphere is well above average. Lincoln is a fun college town and can be recruited to.

If regional programs like Wichita St and K St and Iowa St and Iowa and hell even Creighton can have successful stretches over the past decade there is no reason Nebraska can't.

NU has been good, we just have not gotten that coach to take us back! It wasn't until recent that NU finally did something about hoops.