NU back on the scene?

I began browsing here and occassionally posting two years ago when both PSU and Nebraska were having subpar seasons.

Misery loves company I guess.

There are a lot of similarities between these two programs. History, tradition, fanbases, ect ect.

Last spring, a lot of PSU fans had a feeling about 2005 being a very good year.

New offensive philosophy/coach, 2 years of talented recruits about to see meaningful playing time, a solid defense and upper classmen who were tired of losing and intent of turning things around with their leadership. The 2004 season ended with 2 consecutive wins and we felt a corner had been turned.

Im just wondering if any Huskers have a feeling after a good win in a bowl game last year that NU has turned a corner and is on the verge of making an impact in the Big12 and nationally.

Of course, there will always be those fans that predict a 12-0 season. But for those of you that dont necessarily view everything with red glasses (formerfan),

what are your thoughts for the Huskers this year? Is there an anticipation for 2006 that might not have been there for a few seasons?

Anyway, good luck at the spring game...hope the weather is nice.

any of you PA huskers cant make it to lincoln, stop up to Happy Valley on the 22nd. Stop on by for a beer at my tailgate. DJ starts playing at 10am.

I like your comparison of NU to PSU of last year. However, NU has the last 2 national champions on the schedule for this season, so I don't think they get through undefeated. I think NU gets through the regular season 10-3, losing to USC(closer than most say), a road game that they should probably win and Oklahoma in the Big XII Championship. I think NU will get an invite to the Cotton Bowl. Big D, here we come!

I can agree with everything you say I feel we will beat USC but I can see your point...............The Cotton Bowl would be great if we can keep the team going in the right direction with recruiting, development of current players, I think we can make it to the NC game in about 3 years!!! :thumbs

You guys mention the skill players for PSU, but heading into the 2005 season, that was the biggest question mark and concern. PSU started 4 freshmen WRs. (4 WR sets at PSU are in and of itself remarkable, let alone Paterno playing freshmen, let alone starting them). They turned out fantastic. 2 were big time recruits, two were hardly recruited by any D1 schools.

Do you guys have any youngsters who you are looking forward to seeing the field?

Any lesser guys who you think may step up? (practice reports, pressers giving indications?)