Population migration

I had an interesting thought the other day. I know you will think so too because all of my thoughts are so interesting to everyone else.

We have seen a migration of population from the north and central part of the US to the coasts and warmer areas for decades. It's part of the reasoning that people give to why so much more football talent is in the SEC part of the country. (See, I can relate this even to football).

Anyway....on to my interesting thought.

These people leave for warmer weather and what they believe is more exciting and fun places to live or a fancy job.

Well......I also believe terrorism is something that we will be living with for a very very very long time. I think this threat will go on for decades if not for possibly the next century.

So....let's say groups like ISIS, and other people who some how become sick bastards and want to do this stuff, start having more success carrying out terrorist attacks in the US. They seem to focus on big cities and even more so, the north east area of the country...(Boston, NYC, Washington DC...etc.)

Well....if this becomes true, do you think we will see some form of migration back to the central US and away from these cities that seem to be maybe viewed as more of a target for these people? If you are living in, let's say, Boston and the fear of these attacks grow in that city, would you be more willing to move to maybe Omaha or Des Moines or KC to raise your family and not have that stress or fear?

:laughpound

To your original thought - I could see that happening ONLY IF there is a MAJOR increase in terrorist acts. Or perhaps I should say successful terrorist attacks. For a significant amount of the population to migrate, they would have to feel that an attack could occur at any time. And I don't see that happening. While we certainly have seen acts of terrorism in the US, for the most part our national and local security and law enforcement seem to be doing a pretty good job stopping the terrorist before they can carry out the act.