Will NU return to National Dominance again - next 10-15 years

TGHusker

Will NU return to "Albama"s standard during the next 10 - 15 years?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I answered "No" to the poll. National Dominance, as defined by multiple NCs most likely will not happen @ NE, well, not for a long long time, if ever again. Look at how many great teams Bowden had, especially in the 90s. Only 1 NC. Clemson's last, and only NC was 30+ years ago. Numerous great teams and programs have risen and fallen with 0 NCs. Oregon still has 0 NCs to it's credit.

With parity, our recruiting disadvantage seems only amplified in these times. It's not even clear if we ever become a dominant our division. We may forever be on par with WI, IA, and jNU, and look what happened to the 2 latter in their recent bowl games.

Right now, the way it looks, if we win the division once every 3 or 5 years, that might be considered success. If we actually got to the NC game once in 10 years, again, that would be success.

I'm just not seeing how a team built year after year on mostly 3* recruits and 3-4 4* guys is going to cut it in the current and future environment. Sure, we may get lucky and put together a contender once in a blue moon, but I just don't see that being the pattern. the recruiting thing is killing us. We are in the same boat as Sparty, in that regard, and look what happened to Sparty.....

Fans, I wouldn't frustrate yourselves with visions of NCs anytime soon. Not going to happen. Take it one game at a time and try to enjoy the players we have and their effort. We currently don't have a contender, but I still enjoy the players we have, some very good and unique players that give 100% every game. Westy, Reilly, Morgan, Cross, Ozigbo, TA, I like these guys, they are our guys. TA, well, you have to take the bad with the good, but the guy's effort is 2nd to none and he is a great leader.

It's just not even near realistic or even fair to think in terms of 'dominance' these days, or any days, and maybe the games are more exciting when they are closely fought contests.

If you want dominance, watch NE WVB.