Drug Prohibition - For or Against?

Taking a Stance On Drug Prohibition  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate that the government tells me how and where I'm allowed to drive, when to stop, slow down, or speed up. Who are they to tell me I shouldn't exceed a certain velocity? Do they think I'm too stupid to figure it out for myself? Why are they controlling and restricting my mobility? I can't park in certain areas or drive down certain roads or head in certain directions without authorization? WTF is this? Let me decide for myself!

Your levity completes me.

But we do know there's a fundamental and important distinction between laws that represent a social contract to govern interpersonal behavior that can harm each other versus laws that are designed to protect a person from themselves.

I hate that the government tells me how and where I'm allowed to drive, when to stop, slow down, or speed up. Who are they to tell me I shouldn't exceed a certain velocity? Do they think I'm too stupid to figure it out for myself? Why are they controlling and restricting my mobility? I can't park in certain areas or drive down certain roads or head in certain directions without authorization? WTF is this? Let me decide for myself!

Your levity completes me.

komedi_1457705414578_205_zpsetcokjzk.gif

If we legalize drugs, then nobody gets to use drug use / addiction as a defense in a criminal trial and nobody gets Social Security disability or any other government subsidy for drug addiction. You own your drug use and all of its ramifications, nobody else.

Fair enough?

If we legalize drugs, then nobody gets to use drug use / addiction as a defense in a criminal trial and nobody gets Social Security disability or any other government subsidy for drug addiction. You own your drug use and all of its ramifications, nobody else.

Fair enough?

I'm good with that, though I would have some programs in place to encourage reductions in use.

Fair enough?

What makes you think "I was high" would be a legitimate excuse as a defense if drugs were legal? I was drunk isn't one.

19 people voted to legalize marijuana. Only 1 against. I don't consider this a left wing board, so I find the numbers very interesting.

I wonder when we will change those misguided and unsupported laws?

To me, it's a perfect case study in the obstacles small special interest factions can erect to intelligent policy.