Cordcutting Now Easier-with BTN and Nearly Every Sports Network

Flood

You have to sign-up for the service with a PS3, PS4, or Amazon Fire.

Once you're signed up it gets a little weird.

You can use a chromecast but only if your source is an IOS device. You can't use airplay to stream to an AppleTv even though you're on IOS. Android is clearly supported because that's what the Amazon Fire is based on but you cannot use an Android device other than the Fire.

Everyone kind of assumes that it's going to end up on ROKU and all Android devices but there hasn't been any confirmation of that from Sony.

Amazon Fire sticks are inexpensive. I have one and a Ps4 and a PS3. This program is a perfect fit for me. I'm loving it. Just need to end DTV first lol.

You can use up to FIVE devices simultaneously, wired or wireless. We're all wireless and it's been flawless.

Their 'DVR' is cloud-based and works just like you'd expect. It automatically saves every program you 'normally' watch for 30 days. That is, if you are in the habit of watching "Fishing With Scantily Clad Plumber Girls" it will save ALL those episodes for a month, just in case you miss a plumbing episode. Or fishing. This can be toggled on or off at the launch and anytime via the menu.

You can also set it to record multiple things at once.

I have not experienced any BTN overflow channels yet, obviously. They show 4-5 total, listed as BTN, BTN 2, 3,4, etc. I assume (hopefully correctly) that those will activate during football season just as usual.

The Amazon Fire Stick we bought was $50.00 (with voice activated remote). The less expensive option is $40, I think.

There are ways to side-load apps that let you watch Chromecast and other platform/OS's. I don't know anything about them, but it's something I saw on some forums related to the Vue.

• Fire 1

You say that they give you all the BTN channels, but do they ever play anything on the other 2? I have Direct tv with all the BTN channels and only 1 channel plays games, the other two are white noise. Am I missing something?

The other BTN channels normally ARE inactive. They only activate when there are multiple games, as overflow channels. Otherwise they are dead channels. If you have experienced NOT getting games when you know there are games on those channels, please let me know. It is something I need to look into.

For instance:

BTN might look like this on a weekend early in the season when no big games are on*:

BTN: OSU/Western Michigan

BTN2: Nebraska/South Dakota State

BTN3: Illinois/Rutgers

*Example purposes only. I have no idea what the actual schedules are.

Usually BTN tries to schedule with as little overflow as possible, so those channels aren't usually showing anything.

No PAC network. I'd like that, too, just to make sure I have every CFB possibility within reason. Unfortunately, PAC network hasn't done terribly well in the marketplace. I DID have it on Brighthouse, so it's my one (minor) regret on this Vue transition. However, I think I can survive without watching Oregon State play Washington State. Eventually it'll be available, I imagine . . .

Speed is recommended at 5 mbps per device. I'm sure higher speed is better, as usual.

Damn, I sound like a salesman. I'm really not! LOL. It is a good service though, as long as you have the speed and can get your local network channels over the air without trouble.

You say that they give you all the BTN channels, but do they ever play anything on the other 2? I have Direct tv with all the BTN channels and only 1 channel plays games, the other two are white noise. Am I missing something?

The other BTN channels normally ARE inactive. They only activate when there are multiple games, as overflow channels. Otherwise they are dead channels. If you have experienced NOT getting games when you know there are games on those channels, please let me know. It is something I need to look into.

For instance:

BTN might look like this on a weekend early in the season when no big games are on*:

Usually BTN tries to schedule with as little overflow as possible, so those channels aren't usually showing anything.

Thanks for the feedback.

My one question is: Why don't they show other sports on the other channels. Would love to see Huskers Volleyball and Baseball on them along with some B1G hockey. It seems they are wasting those channels away when they are showing older football games on the main channel.

For instance:

Thanks for the feedback.

My one question is: Why don't they show other sports on the other channels. Would love to see Huskers Volleyball and Baseball on them along with some B1G hockey. It seems they are wasting those channels away when they are showing older football games on the main channel.

Well it's "free" to re-air an event. It costs money to broadcast a live event. I'm assuming they don't see enough interest in it to go out and broadcast it.... I have been disappointed with BTN this year, FWIW. But I do know that it will guarantee every Husker game is televised, which is good enough for me.

For instance:

Thanks for the feedback.

Well it's "free" to re-air an event. It costs money to broadcast a live event. I'm assuming they don't see enough interest in it to go out and broadcast it.... I have been disappointed with BTN this year, FWIW. But I do know that it will guarantee every Husker game is televised, which is good enough for me.

I understand your comment, but I have seen Husker Bowling on EPSN. If that low level of a college "sport" can make it on that high profile of a channel, I believe our Volleyball can peak enough interest along with some of the Hockey games.

Has anyone had this issue?

I'm trying to sign up to start my free trial.

You have to use a credit card, but it says mine won't work. I have 2 credit cards (mastercard & visa) and 1 debit (visa).

It won't accept any of the 3? Same issue when I signed up for PSN, but I just used paypal, for some reason it won't let me use paypal for Vue.

Thanks!

You have to use a credit card, but it says mine won't work. I have 2 credit cards (mastercard & visa) and 1 debit (visa).

It won't accept any of the 3? Same issue when I signed up for PSN, but I just used paypal, for some reason it won't let me use paypal for Vue.

Thanks!

I had this problem once before, shoot me your CC info and I can help!

Thanks!

I had this problem once before, shoot me your CC info and I can help!

LOL NOT MY FIRST RODEO!