Reimers Looks to Be Huskers' Next Walk-On WR Success Story

A third-year sophomore from Lincoln East, Reimers could be part of Nebraska's main rotation of receivers this season. In fact, Riley, the second-year Husker head coach, said earlier this spring that Reimers perhaps could be like another Lane Hovey, who last season started five games and caught 12 passes for 158 yards before transferring to Montana for his senior year.

The 6-foot-5, 210-pound Reimers is similar in size to Hovey (6-4, 205).
"It gets me excited for the season," Reimers said of Riley's comments. "It makes me want to come out here and compete every day and work for that spot, just like Hovey did last year."
Reimers embraces the notion of being a role player in the manner of Hovey, who was an excellent blocker on bubble screens. In double-tight end formations, Hovey was a big target on slant routes against one-on-one coverage.
"I think I could match up like that," said Reimers, who made 27 receptions for 596 yards (22.1 per catch) as a senior at East.

LJS

• Fire 1