Work for food stamps? What a novel idea

The biggest subsidy to corporate farming interests is our insane tariffs against foreign produced food, if we want stack up welfare programs.

There's no place for "production controls" in either direction from the government, and no conservative can credibly argue otherwise. Want to hedge against droughts and "supply impacts"? Buy insurance or take out other hedges to a position. Don't rely on government hand outs for it.

Your explanation does not make any sense re: farmers supposedly being whipping boys to a government that in your words simultaneously subsidizes production while also making it difficult for those farmers to produce profitably.

I have no doubt there are conflicting policies at play, but the end result is more money extracted from taxpayers for the benefit of corporate agriculture interests. (let's note again that it's not billy bob down on the homestead that's mainly benefiting from government intervention in agriculture).

Here are some facts on the topic: http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21643191-crop-prices-fall-farmers-grow-subsidies-instead-milking-taxpayers

My wife and I just watched the documentary "FED UP" - about the sugar industry (also watch KING CORN) and basically how our ag policy is not only screwing us financially as noted in the preceding posts but also making us sick and killing us - diabetes, obesity, heart issues - all stem from an ag policy that supports the corporations but not the health of individuals. Corn and Sugar rule our ag policy and are found in most of our foods that are packaged in some way. We've exported it to places around the world and the rest of the world is getting fatter like us Americans as a result.

My wife and I just watched the documentary "FED UP" - about the sugar industry (also watch KING CORN) and basically how our ag policy is not only screwing us financially as noted in the preceding posts but also making us sick and killing us - diabetes, obesity, heart issues - all stem from an ag policy that supports the corporations but not the health of individuals. Corn and Sugar rule our ag policy and are found in most of our foods that are packaged in some way. We've exported it to places around the world and the rest of the world is getting fatter like us Americans as a result.

Yup. Corn should absolutely not be subsidized. It's used for unhealthy food and cow feed. Americans eat too much beef anyway and cows are not meant to be on a diet of corn.