Tommy A. - And various other Husker QBs

Armstrong was a 4 star recruit right? He's got great combination skills. He was trending up since his freshman year, except during the season he and his entire set of teammates were thrown into a new system.

Ask him to throw 18-25 times a game and run 6 to 12 designed runs, and he could have an extraordinarily special year.

Ask him to throw 30+ times a game and design run 5 or less times, and we'll probably be disappointed.

He's an all conference caliber player if used correctly.

Speculation at best.

True. Most of what we put up on this board is speculation. There's some good evidence to support that speculation, though. Among the probable B10 starters heading into the season, Armstrong is, I think, the most highly rated HS recruit on the 247 composite list (ranking as a 4 start QB), except probably JT Barrett.

He's also shown outstanding ability in both the pass and run game, but I agree that if he's asked to stand back in a pocket and throw 30+ times a game, he's not going to look all that productive week in and week out (I'd further submit that most QBs who do that in "pro style" systems don't consistently look productive either).

He could easily be a 2500/1000 guy if given the right set of opportunities.