Fall Camp Position Battles - Cornerbacks

Word is Boaz Joseph is the #3 CB right now with Lee having fallen off a bit.

Wasn't he at one point thought to be a guy transferring after his marijuana incident last year? Good for him if he's coming back from that a bit.

I don't know about transferring but he was on the bad side of that situation.

Honestly, I didn't think it seemed like he'd ever get there. But it sounds like he's close so good for him.

According to Chris Jones, Lamar Jackson will be the first CB off the bench.

That seems kind of odd considering the coaches have always mentioned Joseph and Lee as the next guys but it would be interesting to see Jackson get a shot. Of course, I think Lee will be a good one as well.

Who can help: Gerry has the athletic and playmaking potential to be an All-Big Ten player. This season, his comfort in the scheme should reveal itself pretty quickly. At cornerback, Chris Jones and Joshua Kalu have clearly distinguished themselves as the team’s two best cover guys; Kalu is a good tackler and has a nose for the ball, while Jones is aggressive and physical against receivers. Also in the mix to play: safeties Kieron Williams, Aaron Williams, Avery Anderson and Antonio Reed and corners Eric Lee, Lamar Jackson and Boaz Joseph.

OWH