New Herian News.

In the tight end position, a familiar face will be back on the field for action for the first time in two years in senior tight end Matt Herian, who suffered a season-ending injury his junior year. Tight ends coach Shawn Watson was excited at the prospect of seeing Herian in full pads as he nears full speed in his road to recovery.

“He’s had a really good week of practice, and I’m really encouraged at where he’s at right now,” Watson said. “He’s not full sped yet, but he’s really close, and it’s the closest I’ve ever seen him. I’m really encouraged, because the last three days have been just excellent.”

Today's article from Huskers.com.

Keep it up Matt! :box

Speaking from a strategic stand point ... I would love not to put alot of emphasis on Herian playing this year.... but it is a must ... if we can get Herian out there this year it will open up the field of play more then anyone is willing to admit. He is a major deep pass threat and in the WC offense if we can get some deep routes with Herian and our WR it is going to take 100% of the safety's focus off of our recievers because he is going to have to watch for Herian as well. Once we have this combo down I think Zac is going to pick defences apart. :box