Can Nice Guys Like Nebraska's Riley Finish First? (Chicago Tribune)

seaofred92

The thing is with nice guys is when they get mad it gets through to you, because they never get mad.

With Bo he yelled and was in your face all the time that I am sure it eventually just went through one ear and out the other with the players. If Riley gets mad I am sure you can hear a pin drop in Lincoln.

Like when he went after the ref last year after Gerry's ejection (I think the first one)? It was not Bo Peleni angry, but he was certainly more revved up than usual - loved to see that.

I found some really dark images of HCMR.

don't scroll down if you have a weak stomach

Simmering-volcano Riley:

42848415.jpg?t=1472498880

Here he is threatening to can Parella if we don't get more sacks:

57b9058040289.image.jpg

"It's hard to lead from under a friggin rock" Riley:

460x.jpg

Riley after unleashing an expletive-filled rant:

55eb8f3a1314a.image.jpg?resize=540%2C429

THis one's the worst. Here he is making fun of a group of disabled children:

552996daa89b3.image.jpg

sick, man.

• Fire 7

Can nice guys like Nebraska coach Mike Riley finish first?

By Teddy Greenstein Chicago Tribune Sept. 29, 2016

Mike Riley is America's kindly grandfather, a Mister Rogers competing in a world of Walter Whites. Riley's first season at Nebraska last year went so poorly (6-7), he actually made some "hot seat" lists. Even if that suggestion was absurd, you had to wonder whether players would ever embrace a man so opposite of the fiery, profane coach he replaced.

Receiver Jordan Westerkamp said transitioning from Bo Pelini to Riley was akin to trading Jon Gruden for Tony Dungy. "A completely different coaching style," Westerkamp said. "Coach Bo is the gritty, get-in-your-face kind of guy. Coach Riley is laid-back and 'Let's learn from this.' It has been kind of unique where you get both sides." LINK
Pretty good article. I hope people still feel this way if we happen to drop a game or two.
Looking at the quotes in the article you can see that Riley has a lot of connections among college and pro football coaches. :thumbs:
Edited by Mavric
Merged threads