Nebraska's ceiling

Redux

The point is that Kelly took them-immediately-to levels they had never been. And the fact that he did it was pretty incredible simply because 3 years prior to being the new HC at Oregon, he was an OC at New Hampshire. Chip Kelly had really come out of nowhere to take a program to inarguably unseen heights. The point of this was figuring out where Oregon sits in the ranks of college football when it comes to finding their next coach. That's all. Someone else asked if kelly really took Oregon above and beyond by citing they were already solid under Belloti. And I agree. they were solid, and I wouldnt say Belloti was a failure either. But to me, there's really no comparison. Kelly did in fact take the program to a whole nother level. He himself wasnt a splash hire. So, back to my original point. If Helfrich gets outed it's gonna be interesting to me to see where Oregon stands in ranks compared to LSU, Texas, USC, etc in terms of coach hires. We may be surprised.

In 01' long before Kelly was ever on staff, Oregon was ranked #2 in both the coaches poll and AP poll. They should have played for a NC. I don't see where Kelly took them anywhere that they hadn't been. If Kelly would have had 6-10 years under his belt at Oregon where they were playing for NCs almost annually, I'd be willing to anoint him the great one at Oregon. However, his tenure there just wasn't long enough to see if he'd have continued that success. Larry Coker was 44-6 his first four years at Miami with a NC under his belt while Kelly was 46-7 without a NC. Both were OCs before being promoted to HC. Kelly needs to hang around longer than he seems to before I'm willing to put him on a pedestal.

Belloti's single best year, an anomoly, was only as good as Kelly's consistency. Look at Belloti before that little 2 yr stint and after. Yeah, Kelly shouldve stuck around. But fact is, all we have is his 4 years, and what he built leading to the first year for Helfrich. I disagree.

Well, once again you are using data in a favorable way to try and prove a point. Ru Paul can look like Mila Kunis via the proper lighting and editing software.

And you are using no data at all.

I'm not trying to prove a personal agenda.

You're not proving a thing, that's for sure.

And you proved what exactly? That Navy has a good coaching staff? I'm still failing to see anything that proves they are better at coaching college football than Mike Riley and company. You're welcome to have that opinion and it may well be true, I'm just thinking it's probably less about them and more about your dislike of this staff.

Anywho...