"Big Red Is Back"

I think that article was right on and it's great to have a graph that shows all of our wins!!! That way I can e-mail it to all of the non-believers and hopfully show them the light. They need to realize that Nebraska is going to be a real threat this year and are going to be back into a BCS bowl game real soon!!! :thumbs:restore2:box

in my heart, big red was never gone.

Thank you hack :thumbs

I don't believe that USC has *ANY* kind of a defense. I like that NU has two games to get their sails going, and I do believe that SC will play the 'skers tight on offense, especially at home. But SC's offense will be their downfall. No predictions yet, but I'm anticipating. :restore2

offense, defense, i just read what i posted, and realized i made NO SENSE whatsoever. :bang

Let me try again...

I think that this game will be low-scoring, and that as long as our safeties don't need a serious workout a.k.a. d-line and LB's, our offense should be able to generate enough to get on the board enough to do the trick. Congden may be a hero for this game.

My worries and fantasies are all on the same boat, and here is why...

USC's QB.

The inexperience is a huge advantage. And our defense should be really good. But at the same time, I can't help but think how NU has really helped out backup/rookie/i have no business being out on the field/ QB's in the past. I'm going to stay with my 'the present is not the past' philosophy, but still can't get it out of the back of my head.

Pete Carroll is a hell of a head coach, and there is NO WAY he is going to show much of his offense at Arkansas if he can help it. So Cosgrove may be going into this game sort of blind, unfortunately.

But damn, I CAN'T WAIT to get there! :restore2

150 days and counting...Here come the Corn Cali...and we're not happy, and we're not satisfied :steam

I agree.

SC has lost a lot of starters that were, very very very good. We have lost talent also but we have adequate replacements.

Zac is the key if the Oline can protect him.

Most SC fans think they are just going to reload. I read Booty is the starter even though he is coming off of back surgery. He does not have the experience that Zac carries and he has not faced anything like Moore and Carriker. I look for the defense to dominate this game for us. And the O doing enough to win.

I have paid for my tickets and can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!

"The one defensive star I don't see is at punter. Sam Koch's 46.5-yard average will be missed far more than you can imagine."

Only good call in that OWH article, Tommie. I took alot of stock in that one line, because it is spot on.

The rest is just guesswork.

Lee Barfonmyself is an idiot. He says the O-line 'shows signs of real development' but rehashes Taylor laying on the ground, hurt. (last season). Well genius, if this is your argument, you're a hypocrite. If the line blocks, like you say it possibly can, then the injuries are alot less likely. Otherwise, why is he bringing up last year? Sure, no one can predict what will happen, and Taylor out would be horrendous to say the least. But that's obvious. EVERYONE knows the o-line struggled last year, especially on the ends, hence the problems with Taylor probably taking out life insurance from 3 different companies. But it got better the last 3 games, and should only be better this year. He strips down the team that he admits 'can't be determined by a spring game' (yes, I'm paraphrasing bigtime), basically says they can't win certain games, then finishes by saying they have to win the North. Well, which is it? Yes, I understand he is only leaning towards one Big 12 team (Tejass) but the vibe he puts out smells like a juicy Benard fart. It's like a weather prediction 4 months out. Anybody on this board could do that, but none of us are getting paid for it.

And nice cop-out by saying our last 3 victories 'inspired' 3 teams to overhaul their programs. KSU had no choice. Snyder retired. CU is a joke of a program no matter who is in there. Once in a while they have a glimmer of hope while 90 other things are occurring to continue making them look like the craphole they are. Michigan is NEVER going to make decisions based on a single game with Nebraska. That decision by Carr was solely based on their lackluster showings vs. OSU, and him trying to keep his job because of it. Sound familiar Husker fans? (see Frank Solich, firing and hiring to save his life to no avail)

I understand Lee wants to make NU look like the little engine who could just hang around to frustrate all these 'great' programs, but maybe he should remember who the Big Red is. In case you forgot, the Huskers aren't here to get lucky once in a while. They are here to dominate year in and year out. And everyone involved in the program is expendable if this doesn't happen. There are about 1.8 million plus who can attest to that.