Fair Market Value of CFB Players

Mavric

I'm okay with talking about a set amount. But unless we want there to be a huge disparity in talent, where the teams with money can just buy players, having it so teams like Nebraska can pay 10x what Iowa State can won't work. The only option I can see is having a pool of $ from all schools. It could be something each team pays in order to be a part of the NCAA. That could be used to pay all players who see the field each year.

Reduce the conferences to a power 4 with 48 teams pay a fee and pool the money like you are suggesting.

Then each team plays every team in its conference, conference champions play a round Robin tournament, runner ups, 3rd place all the way down to the worst teams in the conference do the same. Every team plays 14 games, some years the national champ is clearly decided, other years we will have no clue who should be the champ but it will be fun and conference strength will really be shown

I'm okay with talking about a set amount. But unless we want there to be a huge disparity in talent, where the teams with money can just buy players, having it so teams like Nebraska can pay 10x what Iowa State can won't work. The only option I can see is having a pool of $ from all schools. It could be something each team pays in order to be a part of the NCAA. That could be used to pay all players who see the field each year.

Players already get money for discretionary spending. The amount already varies by school.

And again, most athletic departments are operating in the red, where is this money that you want to pay the NCAA going to come from? Football and basketball generally fund ALL the sports at a school and not just football and basketball.

Players already get money for discretionary spending. The amount already varies by school.

And again, most athletic departments are operating in the red, where is this money that you want to pay the NCAA going to come from? Football and basketball generally fund ALL the sports at a school and not just football and basketball.

I know they do. That's nothing compared to this.

Maybe it should come from the others that make a crapton of profit off of the games. I dunno. I'm not suggesting that this actually happens.