Sea of Red @ Notre Dame

For everyone who went to the game, what was the pre-game atmasphere like outside the stadium? Were there tons of ND fans before the game selling, or did they sell them weeks in advance to the Nebraska fans?? Just courious on what it all looked like that Saturday afternoon.

For everyone who went to the game, what was the pre-game atmasphere like outside the stadium? Were there tons of ND fans before the game selling, or did they sell them weeks in advance to the Nebraska fans?? Just courious on what it all looked like that Saturday afternoon.

I wasn't there dbetz, but my buddy was...sounded like most there during gameday were there to either sell high for a profit, or were going to the game.

That's just one take on it, though.

I was at the game in 2000. I got my tickets through the Nebraska ticket office during the summer. I honestly did not see many tickets for sale prior to the game. At least not anything different than you would see in front of Memorial Stadium any given game day.

The atmosphere outside the stadium, and around campus was electric. I was standing by the ESPN Gameday telecast when the Husker equipment truck backed up to the stadium. They blew the horn and the Husker faithful went nuts!! You probably had to be there to appreciate the moment. The Husker fans were incredible that day. I have been to maybe 150 Nebraska home games, I would say the Notre Dame atmosphere was comprable to NU v. CU in 1994.

The one surprising thing about the trip is this. I had hated Notre Dame my entire life. After visiting the campus, spending a couple days in South Bend, and seeing the history of the program first hand, I must admit that I did a 180. The people were incredible. From fans tailgating, to the ushers at the stadium, they put the welcome mat out in a one of a kind manner. The stadium and campus were so clean!!! It was a great experience!

I remember hearing Paul Horning on the Nortre Dame radio broadcast prior to the game saying he was embarrased to see all the red in the stands. That was another highlight.

I was at the game in 2000. I got my tickets through the Nebraska ticket office during the summer. I honestly did not see many tickets for sale prior to the game. At least not anything different than you would see in front of Memorial Stadium any given game day.

The atmosphere outside the stadium, and around campus was electric. I was standing by the ESPN Gameday telecast when the Husker equipment truck backed up to the stadium. They blew the horn and the Husker faithful went nuts!! You probably had to be there to appreciate the moment. The Husker fans were incredible that day. I have been to maybe 150 Nebraska home games, I would say the Notre Dame atmosphere was comprable to NU v. CU in 1994.

The one surprising thing about the trip is this. I had hated Notre Dame my entire life. After visiting the campus, spending a couple days in South Bend, and seeing the history of the program first hand, I must admit that I did a 180. The people were incredible. From fans tailgating, to the ushers at the stadium, they put the welcome mat out in a one of a kind manner. The stadium and campus were so clean!!! It was a great experience!

I remember hearing Paul Horning on the Nortre Dame radio broadcast prior to the game saying he was embarrased to see all the red in the stands. That was another highlight.

I liked the Horning comment...Sweet! But it is also nice to see that there is a good University with a repectable program and respectable fans out there. I can't stand ND, but I do respect their program and fans. And they've got a great coach now too.

In all honesty, I've only been to 6 away NU games. But if you asked me who had the most fun, respectful fans...well, you'd be surprised. I'll leave it at that.

who may that be? i've been to two away games Iowa state and kansas state in '04 and both of those teams fans are lousy, and here are some bad t-shirt slogans i saw over/down there: ISU: "F**k Nebraska" on the front and "Nebraska Sucks" on the back....husker god, i apologize...KSU: "...The greatest fans in the country"... what a joke

I have only been to two away sites. Kansas and ISU. Kansas, for the most part, were great. This was in 2001. I know in 2003 there was many cars that got their tires flattened and things of that nature. ISU in the early 90s were not bad at all, but the past few years that i have been to Ames, the fans, mainly students are complete idiots.

who may that be? i've been to two away games Iowa state and kansas state in '04 and both of those teams fans are lousy, and here are some bad t-shirt slogans i saw over/down there: ISU: "F**k Nebraska" on the front and "Nebraska Sucks" on the back....husker god, i apologize...KSU: "...The greatest fans in the country"... what a joke

I'll give you a hint...I've been to KSU, KU, CU, Miami, ISU, and Missouri. Does that help? :lol:;)