Jackson GONE

I wish him well...and I blame the staff for not puting him in a position to get a lot of playtime. He has all the tools so why not use it!?

Outside of safety, what positions do you think he could have made an immediate impact?

I guess I fail to see how this is the coaches fault when they gave him shots at RB twice and twice he's failed. He moved back to that spot off of defense because he wanted to. Coaches didn't make him do it. Even the WR's are deep with talent with more coming. Safety was his best chance and he decided against it. Also none of us really know how well he was even practicing there although it did sound like he was struggling.

Jackson leaving is a sign of the talent that we have on this team. It has to be considered a good thing if we can't find a position for a top50 player to make it in the 2 deep in his second year.

I wish him well...and I blame the staff for not puting him in a position to get a lot of playtime. He has all the tools so why not use it!?

Outside of safety, what positions do you think he could have made an immediate impact?

I guess I fail to see how this is the coaches fault when they gave him shots at RB twice and twice he's failed. He moved back to that spot off of defense because he wanted to. Coaches didn't make him do it. Even the WR's are deep with talent with more coming. Safety was his best chance and he decided against it. Also none of us really know how well he was even practicing there although it did sound like he was struggling.

Jackson leaving is a sign of the talent that we have on this team. It has to be considered a good thing if we can't find a position for a top50 player to make it in the 2 deep in his second year.

Right on never, I knew someone would blame the staff. Leon was moved to safety couldn't learn the position wanted to be moved back to RB where his heart lies. Callahan let him try it at rb and he couldn't beat out glenn or lucky. Must be the coaches fault :bang

I hope your right about him leaving is a sign of talent we have...I don't know how you say he "failed" though. He just simply wasn't better than the other guys...bottom line, way I look at it is that you cannot let potentially big time players like this one get away.

Failed is a poor choice of wording. It's sucks to let him get away but other than switch his position once again what do you suggest? We've got Lucky, Glenn, B Jacks who has playing experience and is still good, and then Wilson coming in. All of them have a RS available to them so even a year from now even if Leon RS it still doesn't change his situation much. I think he could have made an impact at WR if he had been working on it since the beginning but he hasn't, and I doubt that he wants to start over once again.

I say good luck to Leon if he wants to play running back. According to the coaches evaluations, he wasn't as far along as Cody Glenn and Marlon Lucky. He volunteered to move to safety because he thought it was his best chance to get on the field and he had problems getting the hang of the gameplan from week to week. He also tried WR, and he didn't stick there either. Where do you put a kid that is behind 2 guys at RB, can't learn the safety position, and didn't stick at WR? I sure hope he can find his way somewhere else. I think he probably would have been able to give more competition for the rb job if he had never VOLUNTARILY moved to the safety position in hopes of more playing time.