Reality check

"Rebuilding" a program that was .700+ prior to arrival.

I call bullsh#t.

I'm so sick of people slamming our players like this. It's not a coach from two years ago's fault that this staff won't play young guys or prepare their guy's adequately for games like this or grind games out in an effort to manufacture wins rather than just running what the card says they should.

Look at the recruiting rankings. Look at the games this season against weak competition.

Then try to make a straight faced argument that this is about talent wearing helmets rather than the talent wearing headsets.

your advocating the exact thing that youve claimed has been our biggest problem. fire the coaches....again and again and again.

If you paid attention, I've not yet called for firing this staff. Not once.

lol....lol..lol...lol...lol...lol...lol....oh my god my ribs are hurting...lol...lol...lol...lol...lol...lol...lol...can't stop laughing long enough to breath....lol...lol...lol...lol

What - No mention of SCOTT FROST yet on this thread. :o

I am still a MR fan - wasn't at first but I willing to not panic yet. Let's see what the next 2 years hold. If we can finish 10-3 that will be excellent and 9-4 would be ok.

We don't have the QB that we need. Hopefully next year we'll see a vast improvement in QB play. I do think the DPE is under utilized. Why isn't he doing kick-offs?

Those kickoff returns (or lack there of ) were pitiful and goodness he got plenty of practice unfortunately.

But we need to get the great recruits this year. The next 2 years don't get any easier - esp 2018.

Next year we get OSU at NU and Wisc at NU so hopefully we can turn some of these games around with better players. We do add PSU which is playing better this year. :

09/02 Arkansas State Lincoln /
09/09 Oregon Eugene /
09/16 N. Illinois Lincoln /
09/23 #Rutgers Lincoln /
09/30 #Illinois Champaign /
10/07 #Wisconsin Lincoln /
10/14 #Ohio State Lincoln /
10/28 #Purdue W. Lafayette /
11/04 #Northwestern Lincoln /
11/11 #Minnesota Minneapolis /
11/18 #Penn State State College /
11/24 #Iowa Lincoln
However, we better be ready for 2018 - this is a killer schedule. Not sure how we got so 'lucky'. Even Colo is playing better.
09/01 Akron Lincoln /
09/08 Colorado Lincoln /
09/15 Troy Lincoln /
09/22 #Michigan Ann Arbor /
09/29 #Purdue Lincoln /
10/06 #Wisconsin Madison /
10/13 #Northwestern Evanston /
10/20 #Minnesota Lincoln /
11/03 #Ohio State Columbus /
11/10 #Illinois Lincoln /
11/17 #Michigan State Lincoln /
11/23 #Iowa Iowa City /

Riley is a good coach. He hasn't lost a game he was supposed to win this year, which we've done a ton in the past. One blowout loss is really tough to swallow, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't automatically mean he's a terrible coach or we're done at this point in the year.

I firmly believe we win out, Wisconsin loses a game, we win a conference championship and head to the Rose Bowl.

Ok this is not to sound mean spirited but it is time to face the music. The difference between the athletes and the coaching at places like OSU and us is considerable.They were bigger stronger more athletic at just about every position on the field.We will whine about the tackling being bad but that is mostly just a bi-product of the other team being quicker and stronger, you can work on it till the cows come home but if the guy you are trying to tackle is considerably quicker than you, it is going to be tough. Now be brutally honest ,look at out O line and D line, 2 areas that are a real good indicator of the success you will have against the upper echelon teams. Project out 3-4 yrs. do you see any reason to think we will be able to compete in games like this! It takes great players and coaches with a vision and passion to get the kind of players we need here. We will be the 3-5 best team in this conference unless something drastically changes. I will continue to cheer and holler and scream like I have for 50 yrs, but it is time to face the music.

Considering the season they had last year, and the season they're having this here, I'd say we're seeing considerable progress and success. They had one bad night. Deal with it.

One bad night. Nope. This was one of the worst performances by a Nebraska football team in its long and illustrious history. There is no excusing the millions spent on facilities, paying off contracts for fired coaches while making contracts for new coaches when a top 10 team loses by the score of 62-3. There is no defending this, just as there was no defending 70-10, 70-31, or 408.

This is not only a black eye to the team, but a black eye in our program's history. It was not one bad night. It was THE WORST NIGHT.

well, technically, 2nd worst.