Nash NBA MVP again?

A newspaper shown before game 2 of nba playoffs (suns vs lakers) showed nash will be named mvp once again...

Nash seems to have the nba right on his back right now...early in this game after the whistled was blown, sasha vujacic(sp) for the lakers was walking by nash when their arms bumped and then nash put his arm out pushing sasha away...tell me how that works out as both get the T and nash goes to the line for shots?!?! only one person pushed off...which was nash.

:bang Damn Canadian. :bang

He may just be the Most Valuable Player on any team in the NBA. This by no means that he is the best player. But the award is for the Most Valuable. If it was Most Outstanding I would give it to LeBron James. His stats are freakin outstanding. Not to many folks in NBA history have had a season of 31 points 7 rebounds and 6 assists a game. That is crazy. Oh yeah he is only flippin 21. Yikes.

Kobe could get mentioned for outstanding player but come on dude. 44% from the field that is terrible. When MJ scored that many points a game he shot 50% or better.

Kobe should be the MVP. :steam

Kobe sucks and so do the Lakers. He doesn't know crap about playing team basketball. He is content to be "the guy" on a mediocre team rather than being option #2 on a team that goes to the Finals every year. He could stand to learn a few things from Lebron. I am a witness.

Steve Nash has made every single player on the Suns better, eventhough their style of play is sloppy-YMCA style pick up games.

Forget that... you put Nash on Cleveland or LA and neither team wins thirty games.... He isnt even the most valuable player on the team... that would be Marion. Lebron got screwed. Kobe would have been more impressive to me if he rebounded or passed like Lebron did, or shot a better shooting percentage...

Besides Marion who else is on the Suns? They are about the exact same players that are on the Cavs and Lakers. If you don't remember before Odom started playing with the human blackhole he was an All-Star. If you put Nash on the Lakers they would of won more games then they did with Kobe. (Only if they ran the Suns style of game) Nash makes every single player on that team better. They lost Amarie, Joe Johnson, and Richardson yet barely missed at beat with a bunch of average guys. 6 of which are haveing career years. Watch the games. The Suns are Nash's team.

Kobe should be the MVP. :steam

Kobe sucks and so do the Lakers. He doesn't know crap about playing team basketball. He is content to be "the guy" on a mediocre team rather than being option #2 on a team that goes to the Finals every year. He could stand to learn a few things from Lebron. I am a witness.

Steve Nash has made every single player on the Suns better, eventhough their style of play is sloppy-YMCA style pick up games.

Agreed, about Kobe being mvp...how can 44% be terrible? Kobe, if you hadn't noticed has learned a lot about playing as a team...they only lost by 5 points in game 1 of this series...and that was all team basketball in that game. Just last night kobe made shots he didn't make in game 1, which are some of the most athletic shots you will ever see. Off balance fadeaway jumpers with a defender in his face...and making it look easy is just insane! Last year, I agree, was Kobe's "ballhog" year...but they really didn't have a settled supporting cast around him like they do now...Odom is a star all around, k. brown is playing great inside, smush parker has done good all year in a surprise, they finally have some outside shooting, luke walton provides an all around lift to the team(just a fun guy to watch if you haven't), and beyond that Kobe is scoring points obviously...last night kobe and the Lakers marched back into that suns arena and stole a road game. They just wore them suns out...and I know kobe can't do that alone. If you ask me, I think Kobe may feel like it is a duty to bet back at nash with beating the suns in this series. That dunk he had over nash last night was a big statement from him...it was an "I should have been mvp mofo" dunk, lol...

Agreed, about Kobe being mvp...how can 44% be terrible? Kobe, if you hadn't noticed has learned a lot about playing as a team...they only lost by 5 points in game 1 of this series...and that was all team basketball in that game. Just last night kobe made shots he didn't make in game 1, which are some of the most athletic shots you will ever see. Off balance fadeaway jumpers with a defender in his face...and making it look easy is just insane! Last year, I agree, was Kobe's "ballhog" year...but they really didn't have a settled supporting cast around him like they do now...Odom is a star all around, k. brown is playing great inside, smush parker has done good all year in a surprise, they finally have some outside shooting, luke walton provides an all around lift to the team(just a fun guy to watch if you haven't), and beyond that Kobe is scoring points obviously...last night kobe and the Lakers marched back into that suns arena and stole a road game. They just wore them suns out...and I know kobe can't do that alone. If you ask me, I think Kobe may feel like it is a duty to bet back at nash with beating the suns in this series. That dunk he had over nash last night was a big statement from him...it was an "I should have been mvp mofo" dunk, lol...

Name me one MVP that has shot 44% from the field for a season. We are talking about 2 games where he has tried to get the team involved, he didn't seem to care the other 82. I just get sick of the Kobe-MJ comparisons. Jordan never shot 44% from the field(pre-Washington), averaged more steals, more assists, etc. Look at what the Lakers have right now and try and tell me that Jordan didn't have a similar supporting cast. I don't get the media love affair with Kobe and the Lakers.

Name me one MVP that has shot 44% from the field for a season. We are talking about 2 games where he has tried to get the team involved, he didn't seem to care the other 82. I just get sick of the Kobe-MJ comparisons. Jordan never shot 44% from the field(pre-Washington), averaged more steals, more assists, etc. Look at what the Lakers have right now and try and tell me that Jordan didn't have a similar supporting cast. I don't get the media love affair with Kobe and the Lakers.

So are you saying he single handedly won 47 of the other 82 alone? ;) lol...sorry I am just a huge Kobe fan, I can't help but to defend him...but if you think about it...he actually did literally win a game single handedly, which is unheard of. 81 in a game sound familiar? Don't see you doing that mr. nash! :lol: I'll just be happy about this mvp situation if/when Kobe leads the Lakers past the Suns in this series...game 3 in L.A. tomorrow night!

So are you saying he single handedly won 47 of the other 82 alone? ;) lol...sorry I am just a huge Kobe fan, I can't help but to defend him...but if you think about it...he actually did literally win a game single handedly, which is unheard of. 81 in a game sound familiar? Don't see you doing that mr. nash! :lol: I'll just be happy about this mvp situation if/when Kobe leads the Lakers past the Suns in this series...game 3 in L.A. tomorrow night!

Suns in 5. Nash leads his TEAM to the next round.

So are you saying he single handedly won 47 of the other 82 alone?  ;)  lol...sorry I am just a huge Kobe fan, I can't help but to defend him...but if you think about it...he actually did literally win a game single handedly, which is unheard of. 81 in a game sound familiar? Don't see you doing that mr. nash!  :lol: I'll just be happy about this mvp situation if/when Kobe leads the Lakers past the Suns in this series...game 3 in L.A. tomorrow night!

Suns in 5. Nash leads his TEAM to the next round.

I just hope you know Bryant is going to EXPLODE in these next two games at home! :thumbs

“I see a lot of myself in him. No doubt about it.”

—Michael Jordan

:lol: Couldn't resist! Honestly I don't think Kobe is as good as MJ was, but just found that quote while looking around on the internet...

Seriously, what is MJ supposed to say? "Well, I know all he did in his teen years was watch game tapes of me and tried as hard as he could to be me, but he still doesn't know anything about being part of a team and sharing the basketball." Kobe is a good player, damn good, but there is more to basketball than being able to score 81 points. Awesome that you are a Lakers and Kobe fan, but I am not.

“I see a lot of myself in him. No doubt about it.”

—Michael Jordan

:lol: Couldn't resist! Honestly I don't think Kobe is as good as MJ was, but just found that quote while looking around on the internet...

Seriously, what is MJ supposed to say? "Well, I know all he did in his teen years was watch game tapes of me and tried as hard as he could to be me, but he still doesn't know anything about being part of a team and sharing the basketball." Kobe is a good player, damn good, but there is more to basketball than being able to score 81 points. Awesome that you are a Lakers and Kobe fan, but I am not.

:yeah Exactly...no hard feelings...you are totally right that he isn't and won't be as good as MJ. That is a fact. More to basketball than 81 points is so true! Just VERY impressive for that to happen in this day and age of pro sports.