CFP Rankings - Out of the Top 25

But Penn State missing LB's gets killed by Michigan by 40 points or so. Players make the difference, far more so than coaching.

Heard Switzer talking about how far Oklahoma and Texas are behind Bama (a league of their own) and Ohio State, Michigan and a few others. Their talent is far superior. His words. Recruiting and talent are the keys to winning, they always have been.

Then you look at the Big Ten All conference, I just saw the end of it, but did not see a single Nebraska player on it tonight.

Draft information does not list a single player in the first three rounds from what I have heard, don't pay much attention to it honestly.

But there seems to be evidence that Nebraska is below a lot of teams on talent.

We played the year with a lot of injuries on the Oline, a running QB that couldn't really do that the last three. I think the team did pretty good for as bad as they were dinged up. No excuse, we lost the games. Time to get mean and hard. I agree we are a little soft, no killer instinct that the good ole days seem to have. But kids are different.

Another comment by Switzer, college football is totally different, really nothing about it the same as in the 70-90's. He said in todays game you better have like or better talent on the defense side when your spread out, or you have no chance. A game of speed.

As much as it hurts me, I have to admit that the committee got it right. There are a number of 8-4 teams that are ranked that can definitely kick our butt. Heck, even Iowa who beat us soundly did not get ranked, which shows you how much the committee thinks of us. After the Wisconsin loss, we barely dropped two spots and remained ranked in the top ten because it was a competitive game. After the Ohio State shellacking, they still kept us ranked only for us to prove to them once and for all that we do not belong in the top 25. I know there are many Koolaid drinkers that think the world hates us but in reality, I would argue that these coaches have pissed away every opportunity that was given to them to show they belong.

I am willing to bet good money that if we played Pittsburgh (ranked #25), they will kick our asses worse than Iowa. These coaches simply can't coach our guys to a high level. They are average coaches and will produce average results. Next season will be more proof.

It's been pretty much the same cycle repeating itself for the past 15+ years. One excuse after another -- we're young, geographically challenged, coach doesn't have his own players yet, etc., but just wait because we've got the best recruiting class in years and the staff is going to coach them up -- in about 2 years we'll be in the conference championship and blah blah blah. Bottom line is, until we get a big-name coach that top-tier recruits will actually come to Lincoln to play for, nothing is going to change.

It bothers me that so many now say the rankings don't matter. Of course they matter. It is the only barometer (outside of head to head competition) to compare your team to other teams. Just because Nebraska has not compared favorably for a long time does not make the rankings meaningless. Also, the advent of the 4 team playoff does not make them irrelevant either. Being ranked #5 is better than #10 is better than #15 and so on. Sure they are subjective and not without flaws but so what, they've always been that way. If nothing below top 4 matters, I would argue that 2, 3 and 4 don't matter either. Those teams will play each other and be eliminated until there is one champion. If nothing else matters, then being number 1 doesn't matter either because that is simply a comparison to all of the other teams that logic has deemed irrelevant.

Dissatisfaction and frustration is fine but don't say the rankings don't matter. We all know they do. Our team just has to get better than being another 25+ also ran.

• Fire 1