Politics: Trump calls NATO obsolete in interview with European news

Appears the Donald wants to upset every possible apple cart. NATO may need some reform but it doesn't need to be abandoned. The Bear would soon march beyond Georgia and the Ukraine. If I lived in the

Baltic states, I'd be very, very concerned about what Trump may do with NATO. Since Donald knows best (in his own mind) for every situation, he seeks to establish his own stamp on it.

I'm all for scaling back what we spend on our overseas military operations & yes make others 'pay their fair share'(sounds like a USA tax discussion) But fortress America doesn't stand strong if we weaken our alliances around the globe. Unlike WW2, oceans aren't a big enough 'moat' around our castle - with cyber attacks, radical Islamic terrorism, rise of China's military, Russian sabre rattling - we need to strengthen alliances - not weaken them.

• Fire 1

Fear-mongering? Russia has killed more European civilians since 2014 than ISIS. Not even gonna get into their invasion of Georgia. This is stuff that already happened.

Fear-mongering over NATO all of the sudden disbanding, or the US pulling out. As someone who served as a part of NATO forces during the Bosnia conflict I am fully aware of the effect that NATO plays in the European theater.

EDIT: And I am still a believer in NATO...as long as everyone in the 'Alliance' does its part.

Fear-mongering? Russia has killed more European civilians since 2014 than ISIS. Not even gonna get into their invasion of Georgia. This is stuff that already happened.

Fear-mongering over NATO all of the sudden disbanding, or the US pulling out. As someone who served as a part of NATO forces during the Bosnia conflict I am fully aware of the effect that NATO plays in the European theater.

EDIT: And I am still a believer in NATO...as long as everyone in the 'Alliance' does its part.

It's not fear-mongering when the president-elect, who is no longer campaigning, says NATO is obsolete and wants to remove sanctions on Russia.

• Fire 2

Just a random comment I found but it's pretty great.

Sooooo since something was done many, many years ago, that renders it obsolete... soooo can we stop basing policy on the Bible then? Pretty sure it's older than NATO.

I have to add, same goes for the constitution. And the 2nd ammendment. Right??