Gebbia keeps himself surrounded by top QBs

Gebbia keeps himself surrounded by top QBs as he keeps growing at the position
BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON Lincoln Journal Star May 27, 2017 Updated May 28, 2017
It seems Saturdays are working days for Tristan Gebbia. Even in May. Even if a redshirt season likely awaits so long as good health stays with the Husker quarterbacks this fall. This was Gebbia a week ago on Saturday, tweeting out a quarterback's siren call: Throwing at Calabasas at 10 if anyone wants to work.
And this was the Husker freshman this Saturday, surrounded by hot-shot quarterbacks from across the country at QB coaching guru Steve Clarkson's Quarterback Retreat in Coronado, California. There were college quarterback chums of Gebbia from Power Five schools across the country. There were highly rated high school quarterbacks Hudl film recruitniks are drooling over. There were 71 of them in total. Talent aplenty all on one field.

The more I hear about Gebbia the more I like about him. He sounds like the type of guy who will really put his redshirt year to good use. :thumbs:
  • Fire 1

As long as he puts on good weight, I don't see how he doesn't have a bright future here. Watching him move the offense in the Spring Game was pretty impressive. 28/45 for 268 yards, an INT and a TD, and another TD on the ground. The INT was a fluke ball that buzzed right past the hands of the receiver and stuck in Luke Gifford's elbow. He showed good scrambling on the TD run for the White team, too.

Overall, a very good first performance inside Memorial Stadium.

• Fire 3

As long as he puts on good weight, I don't see how he doesn't have a bright future here. Watching him move the offense in the Spring Game was pretty impressive. 28/45 for 268 yards, an INT and a TD, and another TD on the ground. The INT was a fluke ball that buzzed right past the hands of the receiver and stuck in Luke Gifford's elbow. He showed good scrambling on the TD run for the White team, too.

Overall, a very good first performance inside Memorial Stadium.

Yeah, imagine what Gebbia will be when he gains some muscle. I mean, he already has some zip on the ball with those pipe cleaner arms. A year in the weightroom and he'll be rocketing the ball like Aaron Rodgers.

Gebbia provides tremendous optimism for Husker fans moving forward.

It's been said over and over, but, statistics aside, his performance in the Spring Game was eye-opening.

He enrolled early, has been nose deep in the playbook, and looked nothing like a true freshman in that scrimmage.

Tosh Lupoi at Alabama recruited him. Chris Peterson at Washington offered. That's 2 College Football Playoff teams right there.

He also received offers from Mike Leach, Hugh Freeze, Bobby Petrino, Mark Richt, and Dana Holgorsen. Like them or not, those guys know good QBs.

It seems to me like this article is just the tip of the Tristan Gebbia iceberg. I think he's going to leave a legacy at Nebraska.

• Fire 3

Gebbia provides tremendous optimism for Husker fans moving forward. It's been said over and over, but, statistics aside, his performance in the Spring Game was eye-opening. He enrolled early, has been nose deep in the playbook, and looked nothing like a true freshman in that scrimmage, slinging it around against the first team defense (albeit a vanilla scheme).

What were some of his other offers coming out of HS? Didn't Bama want him?

It seems to me like this article is just the tip of the Tristan Gebbia iceberg. I think he's going to leave a legacy at Nebraska.

He could have to gone to the majority of FBS schools in the country. Including Alabama.