national spotlight

There is a flat out "I don't give a f&^k attitude" that he has that makes him unique plus he makes a valid point. No one in the Big 12 has the wins that we have. Sure we have had a rebuilding period here but most schools go through that every couple of years. We have been the exception for so long that some fans seem to think that we are not going to be in the national spotlight again!!! (no one on this board for a long time has been that guy) :cheers

Ok Foppa, I have to be the a-hole here on this thread. One year wonders, or miracles, let's see about that.

OK, I am a KSU alum. But I totally respect the rich history and tradition of NU. Really. NU just absolutely dominated us for it seemed like 100 years, probably did. That is a given. Since 1998, your record versus the Wildcats is 3 and 5. KSU averaged 40 points in those victories, and it took that field goal late in the 05' game last season to beat a below average KSU squad.

Nightmare, no. Respect, yes. The glory days on Dr. Tom have long been over with. Getting punked in Lawrence 40-15 is not a miracle, they should of beaten you in Lincoln the year before. Their D dominated you all nite long. Having Brad Smith conduct a personal track meet in Columbia was not a miracle. People are catching up with NU, that is not a slap in the face, it happens everywhere.

You've got alot of hate in you, don't you Foppa? I feel sorry for your dog.

Ok Foppa, I have to be the a-hole here on this thread. One year wonders, or miracles, let's see about that.

OK, I am a KSU alum. But I totally respect the rich history and tradition of NU. Really. NU just absolutely dominated us for it seemed like 100 years, probably did. That is a given. Since 1998, your record versus the Wildcats is 3 and 5. KSU averaged 40 points in those victories, and it took that field goal late in the 05' game last season to beat a below average KSU squad.

Nightmare, no. Respect, yes. The glory days on Dr. Tom have long been over with. Getting punked in Lawrence 40-15 is not a miracle, they should of beaten you in Lincoln the year before. Their D dominated you all nite long. Having Brad Smith conduct a personal track meet in Columbia was not a miracle. People are catching up with NU, that is not a slap in the face, it happens everywhere.

That isn't hate, it's the typical response from all of us who heard from all of you rivals the past couple of years on how we're dead. that your'e gonna walk over us to make a name for yourselves at our expense. well guess what we're commin' back strong as ever. belive it........... :box

People "WERE" catching up with NU,

there ya go.. i fixed it for ya..

now that we have a competent staff that plans ahead, that can recruit, and that can develop players... :restore2

i bet it was a dark, sad day for the Big XII north the day Frank Solich was fired. everybody realized it wont be so easy to pull a fast one on the Huskers.

Why do you start at 1998? Just because it makes you

look better. Lets go from 1990 how does that sound?

:bang

Until 1998, you completely dominated us. I give you credit, take the compliment.

So what will happen if Slash.... I mean Callahan screws the pooch this next season? I mean, not winning the North when it is out there to be taken. I don't see us doing it, but most pundits see NU as the favorite. They would have to be the favorite to the vast majority.

the only way Slash screws the pooch next season is if the o-line is worse than last year. even then he gets another year to turn it around. People in the Athletic department know that frank didnt recruit linemen very well and now Cally is paying the price. thats why, in the last recruiting cycle, Cally added (IIRC) 6 scholarship linemen. This staff is trying to correct the problems.

Until 1998, you completely dominated us. I give you credit, take the compliment.

So what will happen if Slash.... I mean Callahan screws the pooch this next season? I mean, not winning the North when it is out there to be taken. I don't see us doing it, but most pundits see NU as the favorite. They would have to be the favorite to the vast majority.

I realize some teams in our conference strive for divisional titles, we're concerned with national championships.

Until 1998, you completely dominated us.  I give you credit, take the compliment.

So what will happen if Slash.... I mean Callahan screws the pooch this next season?  I mean, not winning the North when it is out there to be taken.  I don't see us doing it, but most pundits see NU as the favorite.  They would have to be the favorite to the vast majority.

I realize some teams in our conference strive for divisional titles, we're concerned with national championships.

of course. but when was the last time we won the division, let alone the conference, let alone the national championship (thanks frank. :bat ) we should focus on the division, then the conference.

Until 1998, you completely dominated us.  I give you credit, take the compliment.

So what will happen if Slash.... I mean Callahan screws the pooch this next season?  I mean, not winning the North when it is out there to be taken.  I don't see us doing it, but most pundits see NU as the favorite.  They would have to be the favorite to the vast majority.

of course. but when was the last time we won the division, let alone the conference, let alone the national championship (thanks frank. :bat ) we should focus on the division, then the conference.

True, however as Foppa posted the north is ours for the taking.and IMO depending how we do in the B-12 championship game, we should be lookin at a BCS bowl game come December.

True, however as Foppa posted the north is ours for the taking.and IMO depending how we do in the B-12 championship game, we should be lookin at a BCS bowl game come December.

just because foppa says so doesnt make it so. im sure princess and chickenhawk and fatman walking and stinkel have something else in mind. i feel like we could go to the BCS but we need to play the games first.