1. Fit and feel:

2. Keeping up with the Joneses:

3. Administrative mediocrity:

THREE QUESTIONS

1. The head coach’s future:

2. The eligibility and health status of Isaac Copeland:

3. The schedule:

OWH

On a more interesting note - to me anyway - is that it was noted in the article that Miles did not get any extension again this year. So his deal is currently three years.

It was somewhat interesting that he didn't get the customary one-year extension after last year to keep it at five. Not much has been made of it this year (that I've seen) but three has to be about the shortest deal in D-1.

Can't seem to find the source, but I believe Matta and Turgeon were sitting on 3 years last year. I know it's an apples and oranges comparison, but it's not unheard of.

Matta had three years left on his deal after last year so he had four during the year. Looks like Turgeon signed an eight-year deal when he took over in 2011 and recently signed a four-year extension through 2022-23 so not so much with him.

Not sure but I believe Pat Chambers is down to 2 years now on his contract. John Groce was down to two years when he was let go this spring.

Not extending coaching contracts, especially for coaches who have had losing seasons isn't unheard of at all.

So both of those guys were on three years during seasons the last season they coached. Chambers would only be at two if they don't do anything before next season.

So that's one example of a coach (probably) on a shorter contract. And a couple who are the same. That leaves how many on four- or five- year contracts?

So my statement that it's about the shortest deal in D-1 is correct.

• Fire 1

It's probably the shortest and for good reason. On the positive it lets TM know where he is at and gives the coach and players a sense of urgency (could be a good or bad thing). Tim has shown that he can continue to recruit solid players with the contract situation as it is. It's time for on the court play to determine if he goes back up to five years or not.

Not sure but I believe Pat Chambers is down to 2 years now on his contract. John Groce was down to two years when he was let go this spring.

Not extending coaching contracts, especially for coaches who have had losing seasons isn't unheard of at all.

So both of those guys were on three years during seasons the last season they coached. Chambers would only be at two if they don't do anything before next season.

So that's one example of a coach (probably) on a shorter contract. And a couple who are the same. That leaves how many on four- or five- year contracts?

So my statement that it's about the shortest deal in D-1 is correct.

It's not looking like Chambers is going to get an extension...his seat is quite a bit hotter than Miles' I suspect. Anyway, I'm not about to go digging for info on the current coaching contract situation for all 347 D-1 coaches, but it would probably be a tad hyperbolic to say that Miles' contract is "about the shortest" in D-1. Shorter than average? Sure.

My point was simply that one doesn't need to look very far to see examples of basketball coaches working on a 3 or even 2 year contract. All it really means is, barring getting to postseason play, preferably the NCAA Tourney, this will be Miles' last season at NU.