Post Practice Presser - August 24

Mavric

I really get the feeling that MR is genuinely excited to see what these guys do in an actual game. I think he thinks they are going to make a huge jump this year. I just haven't seen him like this heading into the previous seasons. It's pretty infectious. The Kool-Aid is flowing hard.

• Plus1 1

I agree that Riley (all the coaches really) seem to be excited and eager for the season to get underway.  There is a a quiet confidence and very business / workmanlike attitude which is quite noticeable.  This is the best attitude and "vibe" I've seen from the Huskers in quite a few years.  Now, we've had teams that were all confident and even boastful and so on (even Bo said "Nebraska's back and here to stay") only to have the wheels fall off and so on.

I like the mindset of the team based on the interviews and reports.  Of course, we only get glimpses and snippets but still, this team seems to have the right focus, the effort has been there all 2017 and we shall see.   Hopefully this newfound comraderie and approach will not evaporate in the first strong headwinds the team faces.  There will be adversity and there will be momentum shifts and gut punches, etc.  Can the team take them and come back fighting even harder.  That will be the measure of success or fail for me this year.  It's more than just winning, its having a winning attitude and the 'want to' down deep.  Losses need to hurt and not be shrugged off as 'just another game' and there's always next week.  

• Plus1 1