Northern Illinois

Good friends of mine are big NIU boosters. They have season tickets at the 50 yard line about 20 rows up. I have been to 4 games with them. I get to go to MAC championship games for free because one of our parents is a MAC VP. So I have been to those NIU games too. I love my Huskers, but I have followed NIU for about 12 years. They live for this crap. My friends have driven through the night to go to a bowl game. Watched the game, got in the car and driven home. No motel, no sleep. This is what they do. NIU are hunters, not the hunted. This is the identity. The thing is, this is the identity the Huskers need to take. Where the underdog patch, shock, destroy seasons and kick ass. Yes they can still win the West, but there is too much dysfunction.

Good news is I love the hell out of CFB. If I could live the dream life, I would get an RV and travel to games around to games around the country and watch the Husker games during tailgates. Looks like this year I may have to focus on my love of CFB games.

My friends took my two college daughter to the game, they texted me to say the,loved the game day atmosphere and said they can't wait until the next game a Lincoln. They didn't rub it in.
  • Plus1 2