Barfknecht Nails it to Eichorst

12 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Nebraska's enrollment is up the last 3 years.  So if horrific sports teams play a role in enrollment how do you explain that?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/nebraska/articles/2017-09-20/university-of-nebraska-focuses-on-enrollment-despite-budget

Also what is the real story with Yori besides the mistreatment of players?

Pedro, I was referring to the future enrollment if the Husker athletics continue their downward spiral.  Mizzou's enrollment is down 25-35% since the bad press from their Protests and the putrid state of all of their Athletics.  This has become very common around the country when programs rise and fall. 

As far as Yori, you want to know how big a snake Eichorst is...and I mean no respect to snakes in general...

SE made her sign a confidentiality agreement that she would not talk about the terms of their buyout and everything that went on there.  He even made her thank him in her resignation speech.  And 30 mins before she spoke, SE 100% violated that agreement by leaking to the Lincoln Journal Star everything.  She wanted to sue but was afraid of losing hundreds of thousands if not a million dollars trying to defend herself against the establishment that Eichorst had built.

Yori's resignation speech:

“After fourteen years as the head coach of the women’s basketball program, I have made the difficult decision to step down," Yori said. "As some of you may know, this has been a very challenging time for my family and in the best interest of all of us, this is the right decision. I want to thank the student-athletes, assistant coaches, staff and administrators, especially Shawn Eichorst, for his leadership and support during this difficult time in my life."

Once again, believe me or not...this is the snake that many want to defend.  And there is soooo much more. He did not want what was best for Nebraska Athletics. So many didn't trust him.  He was offered a lot of help from a lot of different sources and he denied them many many times. 

Thankfully that snake has been skinned and we can move on to bigger and better days!

Did you see what the Volleyball team did to Penn St on  their own floor?  First sweep Penn St has had at home since 2003!  

Once the toxic cloud has been lifted...this is what happens!  

Go Big Red!  ReturnNUtoGlory!

Culture. Accountability. Leadership. Team.