Sellout streak

K Mark

9 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

+1

Not going to the game to show the higher ups that you want a coach fired will do nothing and is rather short sighted. Through thick and thin fellas.

you are completely wrong. Colleges are a business...and they make money from ticket sales.

obviously it makes the program look bad to have empty seats. but in terms of sending a message to the higher ups, half empty stadiums will absolutely do that.

7 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

you are completely wrong. Colleges are a business...and they make money from ticket sales.

obviously it makes the program bad to have empty seats. but in terms of sending a message to the higher ups, half empty stadiums will absolutely do that.

I was speaking in terms relative to our current situation. I don't think we need to send a message, it was sent several weeks ago.

9 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

For me, thats the conundrum of keeping Riley another year. The "Where we are" thread touches on reasons it might make sense to keep Riley another year despite this season's outcome. I absolutely see the logic in keeping him another season (especially if he can pull in a good recruiting class), but sans a great recruiting class, its reasonable to think that the lack of any hope in a quality W/L in 2018 could seriously impact ticket sales.

how many times do people have to point out that this recruiting stuff is a bunch of hype - but it seems like we have to recruit some douchebag that puts on an N hat at an all-star game, and Riley is some magic-dick at getting these guys to come here (even though it is a fact that Pelini recruited better as good or better than Riley depending on the source) and if the magic that is Riley happens to get a Calibraska recruit it justifies playing like short-jocked hamsters and losing multiple games with horrific play calling and discipline.

Coaching, hard work and a winning attitude makes up for losing a few stars-

Ask the Pirate who was exiled to Pullman, a place where all the recruits want to go- oh yeah he beat USC who never is a loss at recruiting top 10 and went into Eugene to f a duck or two.

I wonder what our problem is as a fan base? 

1 minute ago, Whistlepig said:

how many times do people have to point out that this recruiting stuff is a bunch of hype - but it seems like we have to recruit some douchebag that puts on an N hat at an all-star game, and Riley is some magic-dick at getting these guys to come here (even though it is a fact that Pelini recruited better as good or better than Riley depending on the source) and if the magic that is Riley happens to get a Calibraska recruit it justifies playing like short-jocked hamsters and losing multiple games with horrific play calling and discipline.

Coaching, hard work and a winning attitude makes up for losing a few stars-

Ask the Pirate who was exiled to Pullman, a place where all the recruits want to go- oh yeah he beat USC who never is a loss at recruiting top 10 and went into Eugene to f a duck or two.

I wonder what our problem is as a fan base? 

ok a little over the top- yeah I wouldn't not want better recruits just saying it shouldn't be considered when you know your coach is a loser and need to get rid of him