NBA Playoffs

im not the biggest basketball fan. but i have watched a few of this year's playoff games and I find myself in agreement with a lot of journalists when they say that this year's playoffs have been the best the NBA has seen in quite a while. I still feel that Detroit will pull it off (because i believe that defensive teams will win). But for once there is somewhat a parity and the games are quite enjoyable to watch. Anyone agree, or disagree?

I'd agree with that. Lots of intriguing match-ups. Lots of big time players, personalities. I think the NBA has done a good job of marketing the playoffs as well as their product. I think my fiance and I have watched almost every game. I think it will be Dallas-Detroit in the finals, and I think that one will go 7 as well with Detroit pulling it off.

I would like to see a Pistons/Suns matchup in the finals. Offense against defense. That would be a fun watching the coaches try to find the best lineup and tempo to play at.

IMO the pistons would waste the suns...I am hoping it's the mavs/heat for the finals.

I agree Mavs vs Heat....made for TV.

Mavs are going to dominate. The spurs were our toughest competition and we handled them. Suns got lucky in game one but we figured out how to slow them down in game 2. heat and pistons don't really have a shot. we dominated both of them in the regular season.

Mavs may have dominated them in the regular season...but that means nothing, I mean this is the playoffs! Nowitzki is THE MAN, don't get me wrong...because I want the Mavs to win it all or the Heat if not them. But the Heat and Pistons are both good teams and it all changes in the playoffs...Pistons D is ferocious and as far as I know the Mavs don't have that great of D...so if it were the Mavs and Pistons in the finals it would be Great D vs Great O. Lets hope the Pistons get stomped by the Heat anyway as they are down 2-1 in the series currently.

im not the biggest basketball fan. but i have watched a few of this year's playoff games and I find myself in agreement with a lot of journalists when they say that this year's playoffs have been the best the NBA has seen in quite a while. I still feel that Detroit will pull it off (because i believe that defensive teams will win). But for once there is somewhat a parity and the games are quite enjoyable to watch. Anyone agree, or disagree?

yeah, I saw that stat that there's already been 9 overtime games and the record was 8. I just like to see all these series going to 6-7 games. It definitely shows there's more parity in basketball than other sports (baseball in particular).

The Heat led by Shaq advance to the NBA finals after they spanked the Pistons tonight, 95-78. The Mavs are in command right now to win their series also as they lead 3-2.

I'd have to agree with that. I thought the Pistons were better than this, and I was wrong. They seemed to not really press much until they knew it was too late. Regular season doesn't mean sh#t.