Huskers Have Chris Spielman to Thank for Landing JD

Mavric

On 11/7/2017 at 0:00 PM, knapplc said:

I'm really disappointed in how little Tyjon Lindsey is involved in the offense.  Not that I want Tanner throwing even more, but that guy needs touches. 

Dang it.  I was going to have a nice positive thread and here you go mucking it all up.  ;)

But yes, I'm pretty surprised that he hasn't been a bigger factor.  I haven't been nearly as inclined to re-watch games this year as I have in years past.  If I did, I may have a better answer.

But my off-the-cuff guess would be we seem to not run a lot of routes that really play to Lindsey's strengths.  Those would be short, quick routes to get the ball to him quickly and in space.  We don't seem to throw a large number of slants, curls and quick outs and Spielman is probably getting a decent share of the ones we do run.  We throw more deeper routes and over-the-middle where it's handier to have a bigger target.  Though I'm also surprised that Lindsey hasn't gotten more deep shots where he can try to just outrun the DB.

• Plus1 1
On 11/7/2017 at 1:00 PM, knapplc said:

I'm really disappointed in how little Tyjon Lindsey is involved in the offense.  Not that I want Tanner throwing even more, but that guy needs touches. 

I’m not surprised at all with this staff after 3 years and how they utilize their players. 

They forced Armstrong to throw 30+ passes in year one when he’s more of a threat on his feet. 

This year they haven’t utilize DPE on punt returns. DPE fair catches every catch because of the lack of blocking. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I haven't been nearly as inclined to re-watch games this year as I have in years past. 

I can't imagine why:D

--- JD has been fantastic. Really looking forward to what he can do in the next 2-3 years. Most productive freshman since?.... Martinez, I guess?

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1