Imaginationland Part II - Mike Leach Hired

HIHusker

I'm sure it has already been mentioned that The Pirate has a good DC already.  If we were to hire Mike Gundy, on the other hand, that's when we'd need to make sure we hired a new DC for him.  p.s. - If you're up on your Tunnel Walk of Shame reading, you'd know that the offenses Frost and Leach run aren't so different.

Edited by beorach

1 hour ago, Whistlepig said:

2 of the 3 have pretty recent "issues" that reek damaged goods- one of the reasons Leach was hanging out in the Keys for years after TT fired him, and also why Chip went to the NFL

no thanks to both of them. We don't need the NCAA snooping around looking for reasons to put us on probation

Meh...at least we’d win.  Any other coaches and I expect 9 win BP type seasons at best.

I think 9 is winning and if you check both of their records none of the two won a national championship- Kelly crapped his pants in the NFL

I like the pirate he's entertaining but both him and Chippy wouldn't stoop so low to tickle the local media's scrotum an media would turn on them along with most of the world's greatest fans- just like they did to Pelini

Might also happen to Frost if he gets here- he doesn't seem like one to suffer fools either- is there another "nice" coach that'll juggle the medias/fans junk like MR that actually wins?  

If there is get him here- he'd be the perfect fit

Edited by Whistlepig
16 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Data proves me wrong?  What data?  It’s my opinion.

You can paint the picture however you want.  We’ve seen plenty of one hit wonders and their success doesn’t translate to other places.  Brady Hoke and Dan Hawkins come to mind.

Not quite sure where Saban was unsuccessful?  The Dolphins? I don’t consider the NFL and college the same discipline.  He took over an MSU program that hadn’t won a game the previous year.  Lou Holtz has had a lot of success at multiple universities.

If the measuring stick is national championships, your not going to have many to choose from.

You said you're of the opinion that winners win wherever they go. I've given you examples of people who didn't, and you even provided examples yourself of people you didn't.