Linebacker U

I think Nebraska right now has become LINEBACKER UNIVERSITY because of all the freackin speed. I mean you got Cory Mckeon, Steve Octavien, Stewart Bradley, Bo Ruud, Lance Brandenberg, and Philip Dillard, most of these guys can ran as fast as a Runningback. With all these Linebackers in our back field and the excellent D-Line in front of them I truley think that the BLACKSHIRTS will be one of the top 10 defenses in the country. They are going to swarm anybody that has the ball :steam

So watch out HUSKER FANS this is going to be a fun year for the BLACKSHIRTS :cheers

:restore2

I think that we will for sure have a top 10 defense as long as the blackshirts step up their run defense. Teams seemed to dominate us by running the option and other various running plays last year. It was like "Ohhh man they are running the ball again! Now what do we do?"

McKeon is a stud. He's all over the field.... As for Octavian not really sure about. He only played in one game last year and was injured for the year. Bo Ruud is great but not as great as Barrett!

Octavien served notice this spring....once he learns a little more technique, half way through the season he will be dominant....the guy has a big motor!

hunter

I like that linebacker last year in the Alamo Bowl game. Ickes was his last name. not sure on the 1st. He played with a lot of intensity.

Adam Ickes.

because of family connections I had heard a lot about this kid and his brother (Matt) long before his blocked punt for a TD vs Mizzou in' 04. which seems like the first time he got his name in the highlight reels.

its always awesome to see a small-town-Nebraska walk-on excel and make a name for himself- even if only as a *character* back-up type player.

I think Nebraska right now has become LINEBACKER UNIVERSITY because of all the freackin speed. I mean you got Cory Mckeon, Steve Octavien, Stewart Bradley, Bo Ruud, Lance Brandenberg, and Philip Dillard, most of these guys can ran as fast as a Runningback.

One season does not make a Position U. The Huskers'll have to keep churning out units like this for at least the next 10 years. And awards and high draft picks are vital to making such a claim. that is something i don't think we've had a lot of at that position.

not that they couldn't bag a couple awards this year. If they don't get ignored by national media and award groups (which is VERY likely, unfortunately-- See Sam Koch).

One season does not make a Position U.

I agree. Hopefully, we'll get some consistency, year-after-year, in the LB position so that we can be dubbed LB U.

But, that begs the question of "If the Huskers had a "position U", what would it be?". I think that one obvious answer is RB. An argument could be made for DE, as well. Maybe FB. What say you?

I think Nebraska right now has become LINEBACKER UNIVERSITY because of all the freackin speed. I mean you got Cory Mckeon, Steve Octavien, Stewart Bradley, Bo Ruud, Lance Brandenberg, and Philip Dillard, most of these guys can ran as fast as a Runningback. With all these Linebackers in our back field and the excellent D-Line in front of them I truley think that the BLACKSHIRTS will be one of the top 10 defenses in the country. They are going to swarm anybody that has the ball :steam

So watch out HUSKER FANS this is going to be a fun year for the BLACKSHIRTS :cheers

What we should do is take this post, and place it in a penn state message board. then wait for them to throw a class-5 hissy fit. :lol:

What we should do is take this post, and place it in a penn state message board. then wait for them to throw a class-5 hissy fit. :lol:

That would be sweet! Rename the title to some crap like 'long live the roaring lions" then break into this. :lol::thumbs

But, that begs the question of "If the Huskers had a "position U", what would it be?". I think that one obvious answer is RB. An argument could be made for DE, as well. Maybe FB. What say you?

Nebraska is "O-LINE U".

even CFN agrees.

College (main consideration for this topic?), #1:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Fe...bate_OL_Fiu.htm

NFL Production, #3:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Fe...ebate_OL_RC.htm

from the 2nd link:

No program is more synonymous with physically dominant offensive linemen than Nebraska.  In fact, no one other than Nebraska can say that the usually faceless linemen are the face of their football program.

amen. though we've lost quite a bit of that since TO retired.

DE would have to be up there too for Nebraska- and AdamC only continues that tradition.

as for Fullback, i don't know about Nebraska = "FB U" (i'm not disagreeing, i just don't know). but certainly *Nebraska* produced the stereotype of a certain type of Fullback.

a type that had literally been defined as "Tom Rathman style" or "Nebraska style" fullback (heard these terms more than a few times during NFL games in the '90s- not so much anymore). They're Old-school and apparently a dying breed unfortunately.

most kids with that kind of build end up as LBs now.

they may not completely dead though. The option may be gone at Nebraska but i've found it interesting that two pure Nebraska Fullbacks, Rathman and Schlesinger, have both been referred to as the perfect West Coast fullbacks (good hands when needed but also act as an extra offensive lineman in the backfield).

NU's next one = Dane Todd?