Incoming Frosh Taylor Doing it for More than just Himself

There was a special woman in the stands during those days. Jahnell Hammonds was always there, cheering about everything. She was the mom of one of his good friends and her support was such that Taylor still thinks about her now after he has become really good at football, so good he'd have scholarship offers from SEC schools and even those schools far away — schools like Nebraska, where Taylor plans to show up in just a few weeks now to begin college life.

He'll bring with him here the memory of people who madehis circle as he grew up.

Hammonds was almost like a second mom to him, a close connection to his biological mom, Courtney Britt. Things in this world don't always make sense though. Hammonds was 30 when she died in a car accident when a deer ran across the road in Virginia in December, 2011. Taylor still thinks about her every time he steps on a football field.

"I can still hear her in the stands all the time cheering things," Taylor says. "My biological mom, she tells me, 'You can hear her screaming right now.' So I get a chance to talk to her sometimes."

If teammates saw Taylor crying before a game, they knew who he was thinking about. They also knew something else: Cam was about to tear that field up.

Taylor, himself, is quick to say football was the game of all the sports in he played growing up that allowed him to unleash his emotions the right way. "I had anger issues," he says good-naturedly. "So therefore I felt, and my parents felt, that was the best sport for me to let it out when I was on defense ... Not to intentionally hurt anybody, but to let it out and show what I can do."

Heck, he might as well let it out playing on both sides of the ball.

The 6-foot, 190-pound athlete plans to play defensive back when he shows up to Nebraska in the weeks ahead, but watch his highlights and you'll see he was quite the dynamic quarterback.

• Plus1 3

A three-star recruit, Taylor was listed among the nation’s top 60 athletes in the 247Sports Composite rankings, while ESPN listed him among the nation’s top 80 wide receiver prospects. Taylor also visited Auburn and held more than a dozen scholarship offers.  LINK

This youtube doesn't have anything to do with the 247 article.  I just thought it was interesting to see him as QB.   Cam can play on both sides of the ball at three or four positions, perhaps with D1 proficiency in all of them.  CB, (safety??), QB, WR, and probly a couple others.  Gotta be one of the more versatile guys on the roster right now.  

• Plus1 1

I know this kid wants to play at the next level and has said that DB is where he will play - something tells me that with his knowledge of so many positions that he could be an elite college QB at NU with what SF looks for from that position.