Offensive Tackle Play

I am for the most part very positive and encouraged about the upcoming Nebraska football season. I have been so excited that I sat down for the 150th time to watch the Alamo Bowl game to thoroughly enjoy the butt kicking :box . After watching our offensive tackle play and how many times poor Zac saw the turf it's kinda brought me a back down to earth a little. I realize that these are two young tackles in Slauson and Patrick but, if we want to hang with the big boys such as USC and Texas, we are going to have to see a major improvement in the tackle positions. The sky is the limit should we be able to protect Zac. I have decided to wait and see how they look the first two games before I make my decision on whether we are going to put the beat down on USC. We must win one of these two games and I feel USC is the most vulnerable. Thoughts?

GO BIG RED!

:restore2

I think you are right, tackle play(and line play as a whole and continuity) is going to play a major part and how far the offense can go. I think that USC will be vulnerable because it will be early in the season and they are green. KSU beat them in 02 while they were trying to figure everything out still. Texas is at home, and UT lost their heart and soul, so they will not be invincible like the were last year. I look for both to be very tight games and 1 of them to be a heartbreaker. I think Texas will beat NU this year and NU will beat USC.

I have been watching the hell out of the Alamo Bowl DVD as well. Of course I was fortunate to be at that bowl last year and being in the crowd was sheer pandimoniam. I would agree with you the O-Line must show vast improvement for the offense to really take-off this year but remember thats all Bill worked on at Spring and he is supposed to be a O-Line genious. That aside the a great O-Line is not born over night it is the most vital part of the team progression. That is why usually Jr and Sr class lines win championships. But I do think it will be remarkably better this year but lets not throw in the towel if we should lose to USC we have plenty to prove in conference play.

Lets take care of in-house business this year! :bat

ok, we all ilke to be optomistic, but truth is the O line has yet to prove itself and everyone knows that.......not saying they won't be better, BUT we have to play 3-4 games before we really have any idea where we stand....without an improved O line it will be tough to be much better than we were last year........so everyone take a "chill pill" and let's wait...there will be plenty of time to brag if the ass-kickins' begin...........

hunter

What does everyone think about 200 yards rushing and 300 yards passing per game?????

It really matters what team we play and what we can do to them but yes it would be nice but more of a dream to me.

I think rotation this year will help but realize that they are all fresh to the system it takes awhile for a O-Line to gel and learn that complicated Offense. It was easier when we ran Option Left, Option Right and HB/FB Iso's

give it time be patient but it should be dramatically better half as many sacks on Zac would be great no sacks well that would be a console game