Boyd Epley...thanks

Epley leaving Huskers

By the Lincoln Journal Star

Boyd Epley, the man behind the muscle at NU, is leaving the Huskers after 37 years.

Epley, an associate athletic director at Nebraska, has been hired by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as director of coaching performance.

He will officially assume his duties with the NSCA on Aug. 1.

“This is a tremendous opportunity for the NSCA to bring Boyd back into the NSCA family,” said NSCA executive director Bob Jursnick. “By all accounts he is the most successful and recognized strength and conditioning coach ever, and his experience and knowledge will be an asset to our membership.”

Boyd Epley watches a Husker athlete work out in a weight room in this 1996 file photo. (Courtesy photo/Scott Bruhn/NU sports information)

Nebraska won five national championships in football during Epley’s 34-year stretch as head strength coach.

“I’m excited to return to the NSCA and help continue its remarkable growth and serve our membership,” Epley said. “I believe we at the NSCA are uniquely positioned as a resource and driving force in the field of strength and conditioning education and athletic performance.”

:bang

Epley leaving Huskers

By the Lincoln Journal Star

Boyd Epley, the man behind the muscle at NU, is leaving the Huskers after 37 years.

Epley, an associate athletic director at Nebraska, has been hired by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as director of coaching performance.

He will officially assume his duties with the NSCA on Aug. 1.

“This is a tremendous opportunity for the NSCA to bring Boyd back into the NSCA family,” said NSCA executive director Bob Jursnick. “By all accounts he is the most successful and recognized strength and conditioning coach ever, and his experience and knowledge will be an asset to our membership.”

Boyd Epley watches a Husker athlete work out in a weight room in this 1996 file photo. (Courtesy photo/Scott Bruhn/NU sports information)

Nebraska won five national championships in football during Epley’s 34-year stretch as head strength coach.

“I’m excited to return to the NSCA and help continue its remarkable growth and serve our membership,” Epley said. “I believe we at the NSCA are uniquely positioned as a resource and driving force in the field of strength and conditioning education and athletic performance.”

:bang

GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:cheers